You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

That 'join curves' -option...

Hi,

I'm trying to join these two separate curves into one complete curve. Sometime the 'Join curves' -option joins these nodes, sometime I have to close Designer and open it again, for it to do something with this option, most of the times nothing happens. Sometimes it just joins random nodes (or it seems that way), regardles of which nodes have been chosen. Am I doing something wrong, or is there some bug or something else worth knowing? I've read most likely all there is related to this kind of issue, but have not found a solution. Any ideas?

bug_join.png

• Staff

Hi VKS, 

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I'm not able to see the image you have attached. Can you please try to attach it again?

Regarding the Join Curves command: if there's no nodes overlapping then Affinity Designer will use the closest nodes of the curves to join them through a new segment. If one of the end nodes of the first curve overlaps another end node on a second curve, the Join Curves command should simply join the two turning them into a single node. Note that in some circumstances this may fail and you will end up with the lines connected but the nodes weren't joined into a single one and remain simply overlapped. We are already aware of these issues.

When overlapping nodes make sure you have the second icon in the Snap section for the Node Tool enabled in the context toolbar (Snap to geometry of selected curves) to ensure the nodes will snap precisely one over the other. Check the clip below.

join_curves_sample.gif