UncleMonkey

Designer UI obscures system dialogs

Lately — probably since I upgraded to Mac OS 10.12 — UI elements, most often the Toolbar and Context Toolbar display, above system dialogs. Example: when I choose File > Save As, I often can't see the Save button, because the UI is hiding it. (See screenshot attached). This happens whether Toggle Full Screen is on or off, ditto Windows Merge All. The View > Dock Tools is greyed out, and the problem began when (I don't know how) the Tools panel, Toolbar and Context Toolbar became free-floating. Are my preferences causing this? If not, will reinstalling the app solve the issue? Reinstalling the OS?

Many thanks for any help!

Affinity Designer UI problem.png

Hi UncleMonkey,

I logged this with development a while ago but they said it is a 'Mac thing'. They would like to find a way around resolving this and have left the bug report open so hopefully we can find a solution at some point. For now though, there isn't a lot I can suggest :/

Many, thanks, Chris B! You've saved me from the losing another little piece of my mind by stopping a bunch of rush jobs, doing a clean install of the OS, reinstalling the app, and finding out all I've done is throw away some precious hours. Funny that it doesn't happen with Photo, though — and I thought Affinity was first and foremost a "Mac thing" itself. And I really appreciate getting such a quick reply! Once you know the solution is grin and bear it, you can get back to full spead ahead.

Is Photo in Separated Mode? As far as I know, this should only happen in Separated Mode. 

By 'Mac thing' I meant it's just the way Apple do things so we change it. This is why a workaround would have to be implemented. I'll bump the original report with this thread.