1 hour ago, Oly85 said:

Why should Serif want to issue the workbooks in electronic form? They would lose a good revenue stream if they did. I do not think there is a format that cannot be copied and distributed freely.

Electronic books are distributed and appropriate charges applied to download.  I downloaded many eBooks that charged for the download.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

My point was that, once obtained, you could make copies to share with others and Serif would gain no benefit.

My own preference is to use conventional printed material. I can mark pages and make annotations easily in that format. It also has a beginning and end, so I know where I am and when I've read it all.

What Serif might consider is publishing amendments to keep the book in line with the product. There must've been some significant changes to the product since the book was first produced, reducing the value of the book without such information.

16" MacBookPro Catalina, Affinity Photo 1.8

29 minutes ago, Oly85 said:

My point was that, once obtained, you could make copies to share with others and Serif would gain no benefit.

My own preference is to use conventional printed material. I can mark pages and make annotations easily in that format. It also has a beginning and end, so I know where I am and when I've read it all.

What Serif might consider is publishing amendments to keep the book in line with the product. There must've been some significant changes to the product since the book was first produced, reducing the value of the book without such information.

I understand your viewpoint and suggest that eBooks offer Bookmarks, easy page navigation and end point.  They also add the capability to provide clickable links to resources to download, eliminating the numerous questions on how to obtain downloads.  Amendments would just be a simple click.  As far as sharing and Serif gaining no benefit, nothing prevents one from sharing the book or even a laptop with AP and files downloaded.  

i would paid the same for the ebook, as I did hard cover and suggest Serif profit margin would increase.  Thank you for your viewpoint.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

I agree Cecil

I like the book format but updates, help, and ease of use would greatly improve with an e-version. The revenue issue is a fair one, but I think technology exists to manage that.

I now have the book and should have read the title first. I see it is a 'workbook' (with exercises). Nice, but not what I'd like to have. I'm more interested in principles - what can be done and how, rather than be lead through a limited number of examples.

Digital forms do permit hyperlinks to related subjects and that can work well, so long as you don't get lost or distracted. Better, perhaps for reference after having read through everything. A hard-back of the user manual would be good...

16" MacBookPro Catalina, Affinity Photo 1.8

On 2/24/2020 at 5:21 PM, Oly85 said:

I now have the book and should have read the title first. I see it is a 'workbook' (with exercises). Nice, but not what I'd like to have. I'm more interested in principles - what can be done and how, rather than be lead through a limited number of examples.

Digital forms do permit hyperlinks to related subjects and that can work well, so long as you don't get lost or distracted. Better, perhaps for reference after having read through everything. A hard-back of the user manual would be good...

Have you tried taking a look at the help? It has loads of information about what can be done with it. Just in case you overlooked that option.

Hi Team Affinity,

1st, thanks for discounted offer , i pickup my copy of Affinity Photo, but could not order workbook, as its not available in India. how do i buy e-copy of workbook ?  e-copy will be an ideal option. 

Thanks

Sam

56 minutes ago, samouelraj said:

how do i buy e-copy of workbook ?  e-copy will be an ideal option. 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

Serif does not have e-book versions of the workbooks, and from what they've said in the forums it does not sound like they plan to make any.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 2004 (19041.388),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.791 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.791 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.798 Beta.

I have a question, what about updating this book? Still, you're updating the product "Software". It would be good to release a book updated the same year 2020 or 2021.
The book can be complemented, for example, by work with Space Shuttle, as the author came to such a result, I think many people will be interested.

552151.jpg

PC - CPU: Ryzen 9 3900 RAM: ROYAL 32GB GPU: RX 5700XT SSD: 970 EVO PlusASUS PA32UCG ASUS G14