13 hours ago, Nxdibbles said:

Do people who have purchased the book before  1.7 get an update of changes because when loading projects they load as legacy layers. Thanks David

That's an interesting question. So far, @Patrick Connor has not indicated that any updates were needed, but I haven't seen anyone mention legacy layers. Which project did you see this in?

Do the instructions still work, and give the right results? If the only difference is the way the layers are marked, I'm not sure any update is needed. If the results are different than described, though, then perhaps something is needed.

An alternative to a book update might be for Serif to provide updated copies of the project files, made with 1.7. Perhaps each link in the book could lead to the file as it does today if the file is completely compatible between 1.6 and 1.7, or to a differentiation page if the user needs to choose which version of the file to download.

14 hours ago, Nxdibbles said:

Do people who have purchased the book before  1.7 get an update of changes because when loading projects they load as legacy layers.

The changes were reasonably subtle. Follwoing the instructions in the previous reprint of the book still works. It's really not something that needs too much attention, we just checked that it could be followed in 1.7 and 98% of it could and the last 2% was tweaked.

Also, apparently the content that you can download is unchanged so one or 2 of the files contain a legacy adjustment settings!! I hope this is addressed at somepoint but AFAIK this work is still pending for the downloadable content.

On 10/26/2019 at 8:22 AM, Przemysław said:

Are you planning to publish new books in future for example with a major update 2.0?

If so, will it be possible to have them sold in digital format?

No decision on either of these has been taken yet

53 minutes ago, Coppereye said:

I have seen the advert on the start banner for the A Photo Workbook - is it vastly different from the original version

The current photo workbook is very similar to the first pressing, with only minor corrections

I'm certain this question has been asked but I'll ask it because I simply don't know the answer.  I own the workbooks for Designer and Photo.  They're great books although they're a bit behind when it comes to the current iterations of these applications.  That said, is there a pdf version of these books that people who own the books have access to?

3 hours ago, chefseyephotography said:

I'm certain this question has been asked but I'll ask it because I simply don't know the answer.  I own the workbooks for Designer and Photo.  They're great books although they're a bit behind when it comes to the current iterations of these applications.  That said, is there a pdf version of these books that people who own the books have access to?

No, Serif has repeatedly confirmed, that he is not considering an electronic version of workbooks.

4 hours ago, chefseyephotography said:

Yes more recent; however, not a definitive, never or confirmed.  Please understand I did not author the post, just provided the wording that was used.  I actually never finished my Photo Workbook as it was just a walkthrough instruction or tutorial on how to make compositions, IMHO.  Great for some, less for others.

No use to continue to post numerous inputs spread over years of post. Yes they have not said that there are no ebooks currently or available  or planned. I never read a statement that Serif “Never” will off ebook or any electronic book.  No decision or currently, to me, leaves the door open. Never is a difficult statement to make, as things can change in time.

40 minutes ago, Cecil said:

I never read a statement that Serif “Never” will off ebook or any electronic book.  No decision or currently, to me, leaves the door open.

So it seems like "never" :-)

Just now, Patrick Connor said:

"Chosen not to" does not mean "never".... but I have never heard it discussed in a way that makes me think we will.

I think that is what I said Patrick, quoting your reply: No decision has been taken.”  Similar to discussion on DAM and other threads of future Serif products.

1 hour ago, Cecil said:

quoting your reply: No decision has been taken

Why you quoting old reply "No decision has been taken yet" from October 28. 2019, if you know new reply "us we have chosen not to" from December 2, 2019?

4 hours ago, Pšenda said:

Why you quoting old reply "No decision has been taken yet" from October 28. 2019, if you know new reply "us we have chosen not to" from December 2, 2019?

Serif has never, to my knowledge, express the price point of version 2 or 3.  Pointless to say it will remain the same, if internally the subject has been discussed, or if it has, certainly not released in a public statement.  As it has been stated, version one remains the property of user.  However, if macOS changes in 2022, will version one continue to operate or will Serif update version one to operate in macOS 2022 release?  I simply tried to expressed a point that Never cannot be verified “today”.

To be specific to your question, quoting past or present post, points to figure of speech over time, that may or may not imply a proven point to the future.  I totally believe Patrick Connor that he has never heard it discussed in a way that makes him think that it will be released in electronic format.  

Wow! A five lb. book to lug around!!  Where were the geniuses at the DIGITAL company making  DIGITAL products like DESIGNER and PHOTOs  who authorized a physical ‘workbook’ without a companion digital version that WEIGHS NOTHING but a few electrons. 
im traveling Asia for four months on a bicycle and can’t be lugging the dumb book around. 

NO PDF?    I have complete pdf’s for many apps. Complete manuals! Procedures! 
affinity has the most confusingly incomplete mess of customer support and logical approach to relating to the people who paid good money for a workbook that sits on the shelf..

I also fail to find the logic that keeps Serif from publishing the workbook in pdf format.  They do so many excellent things and the software throughout their history has been top drawer, it is just strange that they haven't lent credence to the many calls and requests for a digital version.

Why should Serif want to issue the workbooks in electronic form? They would lose a good revenue stream if they did. I do not think there is a format that cannot be copied and distributed freely.