You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Patrick Connor

• Staff

Hi @Bill33, we have no plans to translate this workbook into any other languages, sorry 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi there,

I just purchased Affinity Photo (from windows app store) and wanted to purchase the Photo workbook but you don't ship to South Africa...(sigh...really?)

Why don't you give the rest of us the option to purchase an electronic version of the book? (Not sure why shipping to South Africa is challenging, but regardless, I wouldn't mind getting it electronically - were really counting on using it switch my professional workflow over to Affinity Photo).

Kind regards,

Marius

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/11/2017 at 5:01 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Hi All,

As announced in a recent blog post...

.... It's available in English and German.

Hope you like it!

Hi Patrick,

I have been slowly working my way through the Affinity Photo workbook and have had no problems until now downloading the material needed to complete the projects. BUT on page 408 'Installing your macro pack" I get an error 404 page does not exist when going to [linkremoved]. This also stops me from having the JPG file - Macro Cat.jpg that I need to complete the project. Can you offer a solution as there is no typo error in acting the web address.

Thanks

Error_404_-_Sorry_this_page_doesn’t_exist.jpg

• Staff

@travel bug, sorry for the link problem. I will have this investigated and hopefully sorted first thing tomorrow. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

@travel bug

The Macro Pack link on page 408 is now working again, thank you.

The Force Macro Pack No 1 in that link is the same one that you already claimed in November (A1LMB1ZFF1 and A610YMVGFK) and again in February (ADG25Q3HNC and AQK46JLZJH). You really do not need it again.

The file "Macro Cat.jpg" (and the other 8 resources needed for that chapter) are in the chameleon.zip file that is served up by following the similar link printed on page 406 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

@It123 We are not planning these particular books in electronic form. These particular workbooks were explicitly designed for print as a glossy coffee table style book. I think that a paperback version is unlikely to be made, but never say never. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Marius_Conradie

I am sorry that I reply so late on your post of March but I only see it now. Normally I will arrive at OR Tambo on 6 december in the late evening (between 22.00 and 23.00). If so (I know that on Saturday 13 oktober) I am willing to take your Affinity Photo workbook with me. I am partly living in Belgium and Botswana.

Because of the weight of the book, it has to go with my bagage. I never lost any bagage but be aware that if lost it is not on my responsibility. In case it is lost, I will show you the official document.

If you wish to proceed with this, order your book shortly after 13 oktober and send it to my address in Belgium. We will choose a meeting place at OR Tambo airport where I can give you the workbook.

I realize this is a lot of trust on your side. Sometimes we need to take some risks to get what we want. However, this is probably the only way you can get the workbook. I do have it myself and it is very good. Just let me know what you prefer.

Chris

• Staff
On 6/21/2018 at 3:09 AM, Brother Theo said:

I can't get a result in one of the lessons. Where should I post my question?

Please post questions about the tutorials in this forum

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• 2 months later...
On 6/5/2018 at 8:56 PM, Patrick Connor said:

@It123 We are not planning these particular books in electronic form. These particular workbooks were explicitly designed for print as a glossy coffee table style book.

If that's the case then could you please suggest to the people handling your shipping that they wrap or box the books more securely. Glossy coffee table books shouldn't be dented, bent, dog-eared and scratched fresh out of the package.

Both my Photo and Designer workbooks arrived in poor condition due to their being wrapped in only a very loose, very thin padded bag that offered almost no protection against even the slightest bumps. That is not good enough for shipping something of that weight half way around the world. International shipping needs cardboard. Thick cardboard. Lots of thick cardboard. And more padding. The weight of these books is such that when they shift in shipping (which they will do when they're in too-large packages without enough packing to immobilise them) their hard pointy corners tear the bags.

I had hoped after the complaints earlier in this thread that packing might have been improved but no. I just received my Designer book today and while it's in a bit better shape than my Photo book, it's still not great.

Now my copies are working books. I'm not looking for something shiny to put on a coffee table. I would like to have nice-looking books but I can live with books that look a bit beaten up so long as the pages don't fall out. Anyone who is looking for a shiny display book will likely be disappointed.

(But I would still prefer an e-book version. Paper just isn't very searchable.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, DragonWhimsy said:

New features have been added but there is nothing that is in the books that has been done away with. The workbooks cover up to patch 1.5 and to be honest patch 1.6 wasn't that big of a patch so the books are mostly up to date and are still very relevant. 

Thank you. Book now ordered.

My Affinity Photo Workbook arrived today, in very good time as I placed my order on Christmas Eve (Dear Santa), and Serif was on holiday break.

After watching the excellent Behind The Scenes video on the making of the Workbook, I'm glad to have it in my hands. A beautiful book. Clean, crisp design. It's obvious a lot of thought and planning went into its creation. Online Help and the numerous video tutorials are very helpful, but I believe the hard copy printed page engages the mind differently. The Canadian philosopher Marshall McLuhan referred to television as a "cool" medium and radio as "hot". We passively watch TV, but our brains actively listen to radio. He died in 1980, long before the Internet, smart phones and too much screen time. But I digress.

I look forward to spending hours with Affinity Photo Workbook as I delve into the software. 

image.jpeg