You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Patrick Connor

Hi,

I ordered both workboks on December 05 and yesterday and today I received confirmation of shipment for designer workbook order twice. Hopefully not an error by sending 2 times designer instead one of each workbook!

Windows 7 Pro, i7 3770, 16 GB RAM, HD4000, HUION NEW 1060 PLUS(8192) tablet with pen
Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer

• Staff
37 minutes ago, worf2 said:

Hi,

I ordered both workboks on December 05 and yesterday and today I received confirmation of shipment for designer workbook order twice. Hopefully not an error by sending 2 times designer instead one of each workbook!

If the Designer Workbook arrives twice please contact AffinityOrders@Serif.com, who will be able to help you but be aware that they have a backlog of tickets and not working this weekend.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Atlrob--when did you order it? I still have not received mine. Customer service told me two weeks ago it would be a Monday, then they said on Monday last week it would be Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest, now they are saying it will be this week, Wednesday at the latest, so I'm just curious as to when you received yours. Thank you1

I ordered mine on November 28th...I've not received anything about it being dispatched. I think the Affinity team needs to have better customer service options and advisements put in place. I certainly hope mine comes soon. I don't like having an invoice that reads "order complete," when the order is in no way, complete. Complete for Affinity since they have been paid in full, but not for me since I have nothing--yet.

Thanks for the info!

I'm still waiting for the book. 

I've received an email from affinity stating that SEUR had tried to deliver the book twice, It's a lie (the SEUR statement). When I saw that SEUR was the shipping company, I instantly knew that meant problems.

My building has got a concierge from 8am to 8pm. So It's completely rubbish they tried to deliver, even once.

And on top of that, SEUR Portugal has got a website with a contact that when called states "the number you dialed does not exist", and can't reschedule the delivery on their website because I don't have the email used to order from Amazon (It was Serif that did it, when ordering from their site).

I see, on the Amazon website that the workbook, in English, will be available 15 December.  Does that mean those who ordered earlier, will be having their books shipped before 15 Dec since Amazon is also doing the distribution, or will Amazon just receive a truckload of books and then they begin fulfilling based on order dates?  This whole order process has become one of life's mysteries, to me.

well, as i ordered the book in german everybody at serif said the book will be delivered "probably" very soon., today i visited amazon.de to see if the book was already available there. and unfortunately it is not available before december 22th. and i assume if they can't make it, then serif can't make it neither. so my christmas present wouldn't be here in time. so i cancelled my order today and got refunded. (txs to adam) i will try it again in the new year but then directly from amazon. at least they can give you a shipping date. too bad it all went this way. i hope serif will make changes at their ordering system.

so guys, i wish you all good luck and already a merry christmas and a happy new year.

bye

Marc :)

I ordered my copy on the 12th and it has arrived today, thank you very much, after receiving an email of notification of despatch on Friday. However, it has to remain sealed and has been taken into custody by the Hubby, as it is one of my Christmas pressies. So I have to be patient and wait to see what it is like. 9_9

Karen smileys-insects-268219.gif

Yesterday Designer Workbook in German arrived and today Photo Workbook in German.
Both are produced in very good quality but one thing is in my very personal view irritating - the color of the pages for a new chapter in the Photo Workbook.
Thank god 1) the number of these pages are limited as looking on the color is real pain and 2) the quality of the content is great as expected.

Windows 7 Pro, i7 3770, 16 GB RAM, HD4000, HUION NEW 1060 PLUS(8192) tablet with pen
Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer

Received shipment notification my Affinity Workbook yesterday saying it had been "dispatched"  Don't know from where?  Amazon??  No way to track shipment so don't know if it is coming USPS, UPS, FedEx, pigeon??  On the other hand, thanks to Adam for help earlier verifying order was in place and should expect notification to come soon as books were being shipped to distributor.  It would be nice if there was some sort of tracker involved.  Obviously, Logistics is not core to Serif, so expectation of book is very high!  Hopefully, future items will be rolled out in a better (perceived) fashion.  Now waiting to see who shows up with the book and when. ¬¬

Happy to say that when I got back home today the mail (post) had delivered my workbook!!  Very happy to get it and just an initial look says it is worth the price and the wait.  Will have to read through the book starting tonight then take on some of the projects included.  Thanks Serif!!

Edited by High Desert
Update status

I got an email today, the workbook has been sent. I am so happy that it arrives soon.

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

yeah the workbook arrived today.:):):)
The first impression is very positive.
A little bit of criticism, the book could have been better packaged.
But good, for a special price, was probably no longer possible.

Best Regaerds
Gnobelix

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)