You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Patrick Connor

• Staff
3 minutes ago, Chris.W said:

So from the other side of the world here there doesnt seem to be any hope of receiving it before next year sometimeo

I understand that you may think that is the case, but I hope we can sort the backlog of existing orders in the next week. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
1 minute ago, Chris.W said:

OK. I don,t get it. Where will my order be shipped from and by whom

I do not know and cannot access that database, your query to affinityorders@serif.com will be the way you find out. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

18 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Regarding Kaspersky safe pay, perhaps that was the problem, and we are looking back through the PayPal API log to see if this has ever been noticed before.

Orders placed right now for the Affinity Photo Workbook in German are completing quickly, and being dispatched. We only have a problem with some orders placed on 23/24th Nov, which we are still struggling to fulfil for horribly technical reasons, but we will have them dispatched also as soon as we can.

12 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

The book is still available but most of the despatch stock (with Amazon) has been allocated to orders like yours. For over a week we have be trying to top up the stock held by our despatch partner Amazon. We have the book delivered from 4 countries. We ship to those countries and Amazon then distribute it to other centres. 2 countries have actually run out of books (taken more orders than the books they hold) but have deliveries to them pending later this week. We have tried to deliver to them earlier but they do not have an earlier delivery slot open,  even though we have plenty of books. I guess it's their busiest time of year. We are sorry to all those affected by the delays. Obviously we are pleased that the book is selling well, but it is clearly frustrating for all concerned as we have stock, but our customers are not receiving their orders. 

patrick,

so will the shipping be quickly or if i have to wait?

• Staff
4 minutes ago, The Belgian said:

patrick,

so will the shipping be quickly or if i have to wait?

I don't know about any individual customers orders of books and nor do the other staff who post here. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff
9 minutes ago, Chris.W said:

I also think someone needs to point out to the accounts department that unless the item has been shipped then the order is not completed as shown in my order history

I agree that we need a better reporting system for physical orders. Completed is clearly incorrect for orders like yours, sorry. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff
3 minutes ago, The Belgian said:

yeah, but yesterday yousaid " Orders placed right now for the Affinity Photo Workbook in German are completing quickly, and being dispatched. "

And I stand by that statement. Earlier I was explaining a whole other problem relating to early orders that doesn't affect new German Workbook orders. 

Right now we are delivering more German and English books (as separate shipments) to Amazon, but I understand that new German book orders like yours are being fulfilled quickly from DE stock already with Amazon.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Just got the general announcement that you won’t ship the German version before December 11th.

This is quite disappointing as I placed my order on November 23rd, same day you introduced the book.
Same story as the others, order status says "Completed". So I should have already got it and now I have to wait again  =(

32 minutes ago, The Belgian said:

at least you got an announcement, i got nothing but a very bad feeling about this

I agree, I'm still waiting patiently to hear something.

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB Ram, RTX 3070, LG 27" 4K 10Bit

Windows 11 22h2

Dell Laptop: i7 7700, 32GB Ram, GTX 1060, 16" 4K

Windows 10 22h2

Hello everyone,
the German edition of the new workbook, will not be delivered faster.
Today i get this mail.
Analogously  following statement:
Serif is be surprised by the lot  of orders the book and must new be printed. New delivery date to Serif 11.Dec..2017
Meaning for me ...... still a bit wait......everything will be fine;);)

Bestellung.PNG

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

Dear Serif,

I hope you are doing fine. First of all congratulations on launching the updates for Affinity
Designer and Affinity Photo1.6 and its minor update 1.6.1. 

Secondly,congratulations on launching the Affinity Photo Workbook Recently.

I have a request to make,and i will be doing that not only for my self but on behalf of the
entire affinity community at large. Its quite frustrating to buy Affinity Products online as
digital downloads with no physical cd's in packages,but to only buy Affinity Workbooks online
with physical copies only and that to restricted to a certain demographic i.e not being shipped
to all countries.

This means that Serif is catering to 100 percent of end users as far as the their affinity
applications are concerned,but only to a fraction of those with regards to their official books.
In this day and age,digital downloads of work books lets say in PDF,epub,mobi and other formats
is a must and could be catered to,just like many companies do.

In case Serif does not agree with the digital books arguments,let me give you an example of the
books that i bought from SAP Press 'https://www.sap-press.com/'. 

SAP press lets you buy books in Hardbound,ebook(price is less than hard copy) and combination of
the two as a combo with discounts. By buying digital books from them,you get 4 formats for each:    
    (01)pdf
    (02)epub
    (03)mobi
    (04)Online version of the book in html[can only be accessed through their account]

I'll also provide details of some security features that they have provided in the PDF file of
the e-book.    

> Each Book you buy online has a digitial watermark indicating who bought the book and unique id
of the book generated only for the end user. The digital water mark includes the following
information in their Note on Usage page in the book:
    > Copy no
    > Name of the Buyer
    > email address of the buyer

and with certain restrictions in the PDF document file like:

> Printing: Allowed
    > Document Assembly: No Allowed
    > Content Copying Allowed
    > Content Copying for Accessibility: Allowed
    > Page Extraction: Not Allowed
    > Commenting: Allowed
    > Filling of form fields: Allowed
    > Signing: Not Allowed
    > Creation of Template Pages: Not allowed

Watermarked_Page_In_a_bought_SAP_Press_Book_along_with_PDF_Restrictions.thumb.png.71aec8e753555815b240882af23c170a.png

> This was sample of a pdf ebook bought from SAP Press.

> If serif has concerns regarding this,they can also password protect their eBooks for end users
to open them.

Secondly,digital ebooks help you when you are travelling and you can't carry books around in your
luggage and they also help,especially if the topic being covered is related to a Digital
Software,where you can search for a keyword or a topic quickly.

> I hope that the people at Serif are listening and they come up with a solution for this rather
than ignoring the ebook issue,as it is quite frustrating that you can't avail discounts on books
recently launched and that to at discounts for a week and you can't buy them.

Lastly,Serif should also work with their distributor of Physical books,to expand their list of
countries,so that more and more users can be catered to and also build partnerships with online
retailers like Alibaba,Wal mart and others,apart from Amazon.

Serif, kindly come up with a solution to buy workbooks as ebooks on the affinity store.

I don't have a problem with the delayed shipping.however the fact that my paypal account was dinged on Nov 26th

is a bit of a issue.  Most companies don't hit your credit card until item ships.  We in essence are financing the printing

of this book.

R. Burns

• Staff

@zelma van wyk,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. 

Our delivery service does not offer South Africa to us from the warehouses we stock, sorry. I can only apologise and suggest that you wait for Amazon website to say that it is back in stock. Hopefully that will be next week. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

This bothers me that I'm paid in full and then I have to wait for the book to be shipped. Then, I have to continue emailing someone from Affinity team to get an answer. The answers are usually vague, such as "it should be shipped Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest." 

Then, I have to email them again because they do not notify you if/when/where/what that it has indeed shipped. Most companies do not charge until an item shipped. It's been well over a week since I ordered mine and I have to keep asking. They say "Amazon ships it and we have not way of knowing." They must be the only company whereby you can't check something through Amazon. Amazon always provides me with a date when it ships, an estimate as to when it will arrive. I get an order number from Affinity which is apparently useless in determining the whereabouts and when of shipping. I don't get it!!!

Hello everyone,

I've ordered both books (for Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo), and both were paid in advance.

Only one of them arrived (designer) and the other never did. Worse, I've sent three emails to order support, and no one answered.  Then I've sent another email to a general one and no one answered also.

I love the software and use it daily, but you can't take my money and expect everything goes well with the book shipping, without giving a estimate as to when it will arrive.

I'll wait a few days, and then I'll request a full refund. If I still can't get an answer, I'll treat it as a scam and take the necessary measures legally, I'm sorry.

I'm very disappointed.

• Staff

Hi BSure and alimpo83,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I'm sorry for the delay getting back to you/replying to your e-mails. The Affinity Photo Workbook has been quite popular and we are struggling a little to keep up with the demand/orders. We are trying to fulfil/dispatch them as fast as we can but even so it's not fast enough to keep up with the initial demand. Please accept our apologies and allow us a couple more days to solve these issues. Thanks for your patience and support.

48 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi BSure and alimpo83,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I'm sorry for the delay getting back to you/replying to your e-mails. The Affinity Photo Workbook has been quite popular and we are struggling a little to keep up with the demand/orders. We are trying to fulfil/dispatch them as fast as we can but even so it's not fast enough to keep up with the initial demand. Please accept our apologies and allow us a couple more days to solve these issues. Thanks for your patience and support.

Thanks for the answer! As I said, the main problem was the time waiting and lack of answer to the emails.

BTW, the Affinity Designer book is great. 

Hi everybody at Serif,

I ordered my Affinity Photo Workbook copy on november 23rd but I still haven't received anything: I'm living in Italy... The site stated 'delivery in five-seven working day' for Europe...

Can someone reassure me I will get it? (I wrote on affinity site yet but I received no answer...)

Many thanx

p.s. sorry! I've just read the previous posts...