You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Patrick Connor

On 30/11/2017 at 5:01 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Hi All,

As announced in a recent blog post we have launched the Affinity Photo Workbook to accompany the desktop versions of Affinity Photo

Affinity Photo Workbook Launch Announcement 

November 23, 2017

We are proud to announce the launch of the official Affinity Photo Workbook, our first ever guide to Affinity Photo on macOS and Windows. Painstakingly put together over many months, the long-awaited Workbook teaches you everything there is to know about Affinity Photo and mastering its powerful tools and capabilities. .

This is a big book - 488 pages, in hardback - and it includes fantastic projects created by some top photographers, as well as a comprehensive reference to all our tools and panels, and a set of core skills tutorials. For those who are interested, there is a further blog post describing the creation process

Behind the Scenes: Creating the Affinity Photo Workbook   

November 27, 2017

As we released our glossy full-colour Affinity Photo Workbook last week, we thought you might like to take a look into how it was created…

You can find more information about it here. Usual price is $49.99 / £37.99 (+ shipping and handling). It's available in English and German.

Hope you like it!

Hi Patrick,

Have got my book and its great, but....I am working through chapter two. The problem I have is that on exercise "manipulating an adjustment layer mask" and manipulating a live filter layer mask" the "colour panel" doses not appear. I have tried several times on both exercises selecting the "paint brush tool" and adjusting it as instructed but no colour panel appears. Can you tell me where I am going wrong.

Much appreciated.

Regards

Mikep

2 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

True, and considering that 'Amazon delivery' are our partners it's a lot that they charge us for the warehousing and delivery part. Perhaps that's why they are a multi-billion dollar company. I understand that these delivery costs look high, but combined with the reduced price book we may still be cheaper than ordering from Amazon directly. Please check as Amazon.de sales are not Serif sales so best to choose what is right for you.

Yes, I see. Thanks for reply.

Ordered AP workbook the day I received the email (11/23) but so far nothing but the funds have removed from my account. When may I expect it or at least an email that it has been shipped? Order number AFZ171P70D. You guys sure make it hard to get support.

38 minutes ago, ChiefT said:

When may I expect it or at least an email that it has been shipped?

If you log in to your Affinity Store account you should be able to find some indication of the order status.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

30 minutes ago, Claude B. said:

I hope it will be in French soon, many Quebecers will like that. ;)

The Affinity Designer Workbook continues to be unavailable in any language other than English and German. I would be very surprised if the same doesn't hold true for the Affinity Photo Workbook.

Alfred spacer.png

1 minute ago, codelearner said:

This https://affinity.serif.com/blog/the-official-affinity-photo-workbook-is-here-and-theres-a-25-discount-for-the-first-week-of-launch/ says,

Once you’ve finished this chapter you will be an Affinity Photo expert!

How true is this?

I guess it all depends on your definition of the term 'expert', and/or how flattered you want to be! :D

Alfred spacer.png

Well, @codelearner, in my opinion if they really mean it when they say "Once you’ve finished this chapter you will be an Affinity Photo expert!" then they can't be setting the bar very high!!

Alfred spacer.png

2 hours ago, Claude B. said:

I hope it will be in French soon, many Quebecers will like that. ;)

Many Quebecers are fluent dans les deux langues! ;) En plus, les images are bilingues !! hehe! mais sinon ca serait bien effectivement de l'avoir en Francais, juste pour aller chercher un peu plus d'auditoire car c'est un logiciel tellement fort! can't wait for the affinity lightroom! 

4 hours ago, Judgmentday said:

Many Quebecers are fluent dans les deux langues! ;) En plus, les images are bilingues !! hehe! mais sinon ca serait bien effectivement de l'avoir en Francais, juste pour aller chercher un peu plus d'auditoire car c'est un logiciel tellement fort! can't wait for the affinity lightroom! 

Pour Lightroom , j’ai les livres (bible) en français et en anglais pour être certain de bien comprendre. Je ne le regrette pas. Donc le livre Affinity Photo serait le bienvenue en français aussi. :) 

16 hours ago, codelearner said:

This https://affinity.serif.com/blog/the-official-affinity-photo-workbook-is-here-and-theres-a-25-discount-for-the-first-week-of-launch/ says,

Once you’ve finished this chapter you will be an Affinity Photo expert!

How true is this?

@codelearner

To me, expertise comes from gaining knowledge and practice.  The way this book is designed, you get both. Early chapters teach specifically about the app.  Later chapters teach you expert image processing skills and the app at the same time.  So you can use these skills right away.  

I'm at page 314 (Search The Woods) and I feel very comfortable and confident with Affinity Photo now. So much so, that I opted to process and print some holiday photos I took for a family friend in  Affinity - instead of PS -- this weekend.   The results were great and I enjoyed the process. 

Edited by rndoutput
typo, pressed save too soon.

On 2017-12-02 at 0:35 PM, jedorme said:

This was the problem; the price quote was in Canadian dollars, not US.  Once I completed the order info with my address it changed to the correct amount.  Order just placed & have been looking forward to something like this ever since I was a beta tester for the original release. 

I’m in Canada and the made a correction in price (!!! ???) 

It is almost the same price then Affinity Photo the software!!!  To expensive for me. :( :o

5a2570a36c052_AffinityPhotoWorkbook.jpeg.1f8eade07451edd942c730c609555850.jpeg

Edited by Claude B.
Adding comment.

hi, i ordered the workbook in german last saturday. i never received any kind of confirmation from serif, the only confirmation i got is one from  paypal to pay.

i already wrote the affinityorders@serif.com twice but never got an answer. i hope i don't have to wait to longfor this one. and no, it is not metioned in my order summary

this is really too bad  >:(

5 minutes ago, The Belgian said:

hi, i ordered the workbook in german last saturday. i never received any kind of confirmation from serif, the only confirmation i got is one from  paypal to pay.

i already wrote the affinityorders@serif.com twice but never got an answer. i hope i don't have to wait to longfor this one. and no, it is not metioned in my order summary

I also am at the same point as you, I got Paypal confirmation. I also emailed them and no word yet, my original email for the order said it was in stock and should receive it in 5-7 business days I thought I'd at least have received a shipped email by now?

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB Ram, RTX 3070, LG 27" 4K 10Bit

Windows 11 22h2

Dell Laptop: i7 7700, 32GB Ram, GTX 1060, 16" 4K

Windows 10 22h2

33 minutes ago, The Belgian said:

Same here in the U.S.  They  make a good

product but they absolutely suck at customer  service. 

• Staff
1 hour ago, The Belgian said:

The Belgian,

Your order is being looked into as it is not against the account that uses your email address. We will email you shortly.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I ordered the Affinity Workbook 6 days ago. Under my account the order status reads completed. I have not received any notification if this has been shipped.  I have emailed orders but no response. I am in New Zealand and had hoped to receive the book by Christmas.

How do i got an update as to see when the book will be despatched?

thanks if someone can help

• Staff
6 minutes ago, Chris.W said:

I ordered the Affinity Workbook 6 days ago. Under my account the order status reads completed. I have not received any notification if this has been shipped.  I have emailed orders but no response. I am in New Zealand and had hoped to receive the book by Christmas.

How do i got an update as to see when the book will be despatched?

thanks if someone can help

Chris.W

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

The order (AHV7F1W3MN placed by the email address you used here) was placed 3 days ago (perhaps 4 depending on your timezone), but perhaps you have another one ordered earlier I cannot tell. If you have not received notification then it has not been shipped. You can request more information from affinityorders@serif.com. Some regions of the world provide tracking information, but I do not know if New Zealand is one of those, but they will. This Affinity Photo Workbook has been extremely popular, and you may need to be patient as we are still dealing with email requests to that address from Friday and Saturday.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
43 minutes ago, ChiefT said:

Same here in the U.S.  They  make a good

product but they absolutely suck at customer  service. 

ChiefT,

Sorry your tweet has not been replied to, the Customer Services team are a few days behind on their tickets due to illness in the team. I expect you will get a response soon.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

The Belgian,

Your order is being looked into as it is not against the account that uses your email address. We will email you shortly.

hi patrick

as far as i know it is not possible to order with the fault email adress because i had to log in into my AP account using the right email address.

finally someone of you guy mailed me to ask about the order number to check

i hope i get the book soon

txs

• Staff
39 minutes ago, Jon1 said:

Do Affinity ship to Norway ? ( can't find Norway on the list )

Jon1, 

Norway, and other countries not listed in the Affinity Store delivery destination list, are not delivered to no, sorry. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd