affinitydesignerfan

Preference to automatically switch back from text tool (to the move tool) after clicking out of text layer

Love Affinity Designer. Been using for years.

One thing I find routinely irritating when designing UI screens is that the text tool doesn't switch off after deselecting a text layer.

Consider the following scenario:

1. Using the Move Tool, you drill into a piece of text that's clipped inside a rectangle.

2. Affinity Designer understands you now want to edit the text tool and automatically switches to the Text Tool.

3. You finish editing the text and deselect it. Now you must manually switch back to the Move Tool to repeat Step #1.

I would appreciate a preference (or a new standard behavior) that automatically switches back to the Move Tool in the scenario above. In other words, after the user deselects the text layer whose editing caused the Move Tool to switch to the Text Tool, Affinity Designer should automatically switch back to the Move Tool.

Thanks for considering. Love the product.

Switch Move Tool to Text Tool is double click inside text area.

Switch back to Move Tool is double click outside text area.

It works the same also with the Node Tool. 

Affinity Store: Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 1.7.3.481.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, Build 18363.476.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080.

5 hours ago, affinitydesignerfan said:

I want to follow up here because I have found that, very often, the "double click outside text area" doesn't work as expected. So I would like to report it as a bug.

Then you need to create a new topic in the appropriate forum for your OS, here.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.502 Beta