Jhoude

Defective Zoom Tool

I double-click on the Zoom tool in order to view my jpeg file in real size at 100% and for some reason it appears much smaller in my Affinity Photo application. Everything indicates that it should be at 100% but it does not appear on my screen as such.

Hey JosianeHoude,

Can you have a look at this thread? It sounds like you may be facing a similar issue:
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/44889-document-not-shown-in-real-size-on-screen/

In summary, we use the DPI info provided by the monitor manufacturer. If that info is correct, the actual size should be correct. If it isn't, you will be seeing a difference when you hold the actual size document to the screen.

If that is the case, it is unlikely we can do anything about it. Do you have any other apps installed that you could do a comparison with?

Thank you Chris! It does seem to be due to the same problem, I just started using a new computer so this makes sense. It wasn't an issue with my old computer.

I do have Pixelmator but this is going to be hugely inconvenient since I want to know how an image will appear online and have a size that will make the image look its best...

Chris B - Pixelmator worked fine except that sometimes it would delete all the information on the layer I used for coloring... I told them about this issue and they couldn't help me, they said it had never happened to anyone else. :-S The idea of losing hours of work was scary, that's when I decided to buy Affinity instead.

My boyfriend figured out that the solution might be to use points instead of pixels, seems to work well so far.

MEB - I use a MacBook Pro, no external monitor.

12 hours ago, JosianeHoude said:

the solution might be to use points instead of pixels, seems to work well so far.

Ah, I never thought of that... I'll do some investigating. That may actually be really valuable to anyone else struggling with this, so thank you!