You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta - 1.6.2.94

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability
Requirements: A valid product key, issued when Affinity Designer was purchased.

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Updated social media references

Here's a crash that I found recently, still present in 1.6.2.94. It happens when scrolling past font Probert in my case. Below are two screenshots showing the relevant part of my list of installed fonts.

1. Create and select some text.
  2. In the Text Styles panel, select Body. Tjhis will assign a style to the text.
  3. Double-click Body. Edit Text Style dialog opens.
  4. Select the Font tab from the tree in thye left.
  5. Click the Font Family drop-down.
  6. Now scroll down the drop-down until it goes past the font Probert Black. Crash.

It would be nice if any of you guys confirm this also happens to you. Thanks!

2017-11-30_10-58-43.png

explorer_2017-11-30_10-57-30.png

1 hour ago, rubs said:

Here's a crash that I found recently, still present in 1.6.2.94. It happens when scrolling past font Probert in my case.

I didn't have either Probert or Probert Black here, but I downloaded and installed them after finding them on FontSpace. I cannot reproduce the crash in either the current retail version or the latest beta release of Affinity Designer on Windows.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I scrolled past Segoe MDL2 Assets before I made my previous post. Looking again at @rubs's screenshot, I see that Segoe Marker precedes it on the list: I don't have that font here, if it matters.

Alfred spacer.png

14 hours ago, Florian Dorpmüller said:

Hi, I am just in the testing phase of Affinity but I have serious problems with lightning of shadows. Is it correct that this issue was solved with the new version? Unfortunately I cannot install the beta trial to find out myself.

Hello Florian,

wellcome to the forum.

There is an improvement with shadows adjustment in the Affinity Photo raw-persona (this is a thread about Affinity Designer). There is a thread discussing the issue over here. In this thread you can also watch a test video (in German) that demonstrates the improvements (see this post).

Mark Ingram, one of the moderators here, also says this improvement will be released soon in one of the upcoming beta versions (see here).

After all, this means for you that you won't be able to use this right now since you have no access to the beta versions. But you could try and see if you can apply for it. I assume this requires a paid version of the program.

Best regards,

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

37 minutes ago, dominik said:

Mark Ingram, one of the moderators here, also says this improvement will be released soon in one of the upcoming beta versions (see here)

Mark is the lead developer for the Windows versions of the Affinity apps. (All members of Serif staff who participate here have moderation rights.)

37 minutes ago, dominik said:

After all, this means for you that you won't be able to use this right now since you have no access to the beta versions. But you could try and see if you can apply for it. I assume this requires a paid version of the program.

The beta versions are customer betas, so they require a product key. Florian would have to purchase a licence, try the beta version and then apply for a refund within fourteen days if the software proved to be unsuitable.

Alfred spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Mark is the lead developer for the Windows versions of the Affinity apps. (All members of Serif staff who participate here have moderation rights.)

Thanks for pointing that out. I am aware of the fact but since it says 'moderator' along with his posts I thought it would be best to refer to that :/

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil