You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi therooftop,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Are you sure you created the text object with the Frame Text Tool instead of the Artistic Text Tool?

Text frames created with the Artistic Text Tool will always scale the content of the frame, while text frames created with the Frame Text Tool will reflow the text if you use the frame bounding box handles or will scale it if you use the detached handle on the bottom right of the text frame.

• 1 year later...

Hello @MEB

along those lines, is there a way to...

A) ...turn text frames from one type to the other? 

B) ...resize text frames numerically using the transform panel?  
Ex: I made a graphic before learning this. I'm scaling it. Some of the text reflows, but I'd l'd really just like the wohle thing to scale using numerical precision.

... or is the only course of action, in order to resize numerically, to paste the text into Artistic Text and reinsert it into toe design?

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

@MEB this is really frustrating behavior. If I have a group of objects including a text frame and scale it, I'd expect the text to resize along with it. If I have already created text with the Frame Text tool, the only solution os to manually adjust each text frame, which is cumbersome and error prone. 

13 hours ago, kemie said:

@MEB this is really frustrating behavior. If I have a group of objects including a text frame and scale it, I'd expect the text to resize along with it. If I have already created text with the Frame Text tool, the only solution os to manually adjust each text frame, which is cumbersome and error prone. 

Nope, if the group has text object in it, you have two scale nodes in the right bottom corner: inner keeps text size, outer scales text along other graphics.