You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Setting Pixel Size Accross Multiple Images

Hi, 

I am working on a project that requires several photos (at least 80 of them) to have the same size and pixel count. The photos are faces of men and women from different races and background. I have set the Canvas and Document size to be the same, cropped them with the same width and length, and saved each of them under the same Pixel Size. However, because faces are different in sizes and shapes; some are larger and some are thinner or smaller, the results still vary tremendously. 

I would like to find out any way possible to measure or set the pixel sizes to be the same for ALL faces please. 

I have attached what I'm hoping to be an example of the faces just to give an idea. Again, shapes and sizes vary normal but I wanted to have a similar pixel size so that the area to be studied is still the same size if that makes sense. 

Thank you for your help!

Asian-Variation-RF-mask.jpg

Are all these faces going to end up in the same document?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

If I understand you correctly

I would probably still do it in one document

Set your document size to what you want it to be

Then use File > Place to add your first image, manipulate it how you want it to look

Then set up horizontal guides for the chin and the eyes

The use File > Place to add your next image,  manipulate this image so that the chin and eyes line up with the horizontal guides you created previously

Do this for all images

Providing your face images are large enough you should have enough wriggle room to manipulate them as needed

Once complete you can use the export persona to export all these images (layers) as separate JPGs

File attached

faces.afphoto

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

You should use some guide lines and adjust all face images accordingly to the same setup pixel sizes. You can do so in one file as carl123 suggested, or if just one file and it's size gets to huge reuse your custom adjust help guide lines via copy/paste etc. for seperate image files here.

guide_lines.jpg.05b3fef18f7b50891dc3f1355cbc4fac.jpg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Thank you! 

I have been following your guidelines and it looks like I'm doing it right now! 

But all the images are on top of each other so when I try to export each one separately, it always saves as the same image. 

How do I make them separate image/layer as I continue to work on them?

3 hours ago, carl123 said:

Set your document size to what you want it to be

Then use File > Place to add your first image, manipulate it how you want it to look

faces.afphoto

Update: I have used carl123 template and it's making it easier. I use two horizontal lines as a guideline for all the faces (I don't know if that's what you meant carl123 by guidelines for chin and eyes, is it the red and green line that appears when you center the face??) 

Then I place the others so that they could match the first example. 

I was wondering if there is a way to measure the circumference of the face itself so that all the others can look the same size? 

Also, although the horizontal guidelines help tremendously, when I click on each image, the pixel size appear to be different (when I look to the top left it says 3000x2000 pixels @88dpi for one and 600x600 pixels @ 19x19dpi for another) Shouldn't they all say the same pixel size???

Thank you for any help!

On the View menu ensure you have Show Guides and Show Rulers ticked, you can then use the move tool to drag guidelines down from the top ruler to put on your document, these are the ones I lined up with the chin and the eyes, they are blue in colour.

If you want to make the width of the faces the same as well, you can drag vertical guidelines from the left-hand ruler to the left and right side of the first face placed, then assuming you don't mind distorting the faces a little you can make them wider or thinner to match the vertical guidelines. (But as everyones face is different I don't see how this is going to look OK)

The pixel size and dpi will be different as that is reflecting what the placed images original dimensions were.  As long as it looks OK on screen they should all be the same size when you export them.

Note: If using the Export Persona to export all layers at once then you may/will need to right click each image in your document and select rasterise before entering the Export persona

(Sorry I do not use the Export persona much, so I am unfamiliar with it to a degree - I tend to export each image separately)