kilotank

Photo 1.6.1.93 Crashing on startup

Hi. 

I have been running 1.6.1.93 AP successfully since released but last night had a forced windows 10 update and now it wont launch.

It gets to the splash screen, has a think and then displays and UnHandledException error. 3f92b8ed-8a3f-4aaa-a9ed-ef3a07f9c55e

Is there a way to roll back to a stable version as I cannot work currently.

Thanks

Kilo

Hi @kilotank, thanks for uploading those. Can you zip the %APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\ folder, and upload it here so we can try to reproduce the problem? Once you've done that, if you rename either of the following files, you should find it works again (please create the zip file first):

%APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\Workspaces\Photo\WindowProfile.xml

%APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\user\macros.propcol

Please let me know how you get on.

Hi Mark, 

Sorry but what am I supposed to do? Am I just supposed to rename the fike as you have indicated to kilotank?  I saw from your previous comment that you needed to replicate the issue.  Do I need to wait dor you to do the same thing for my file I uploaded?

11 minutes ago, Nick Trieu said:

Hi Mark, 

Sorry but what am I supposed to do? Am I just supposed to rename the fike as you have indicated to kilotank?  I saw from your previous comment that you needed to replicate the issue.  Do I need to wait dor you to do the same thing for my file I uploaded?

Oh sorry I hadn't realised you hadn't done that part. Yes if you rename one or both of those files, things should start working again. I've got your file now. Please let me know which file you renamed to make it work.

Hi Nick

Did you see my final comment yesterday that it was now crashing once running (swapping between color and brushes). I had attached the new crash reports on previous post.

Are you looking into this?

Thanks   Kilo

Hi Mark,

Sorry but I'm really not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to tech talk.  Can you please let me know which file I need to rename? And when you say rename, I literally right click on that folder then copy and past the name correct? And what is the name I need to copy and past in there?

Nick

Hi Nick 

If you go to file explorer in Windows and copy and past %APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\user\ it will take you directly to the folder. Then if you rename the macros.propcol file to something else (can be anything). After you have done that go to %APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\Workspaces\Photo\ and rename the file WindowProfile.xml to something else also.

This should allow you to start the app up

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Nick

What is happening with this fix. I have been without any photo editor for a week and its not good.

If you can't fix it then can you tell me how I can re install an older stable version please.

Kilo