You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo doesn't start

Just a odd thing happened. I haven't used Affinity Photo for few weeks on workstation but only on laptop and now I tried to launch it (1.6.0 version) it doesn't start. No splashscreen or anything. Mouse cursor just states background process but no Affinity Photo process appear to process manager or anything other.

I have renamed the Affinity AppData profile directory without success.

I have upgraded it to 1.6.1 without success.

I have uninstalled Affinity, rebooted and then reinstalled without success.

I have tried to launch Affinity by holding Ctrl down while double clicking icon.

I just can't get any information WHY it doesn't launch. Only security system is the Microsoft's Defender.

• 2 weeks later...

I am assuming no one else has come up with this problem? As I can't make a Windows refresh just to check does it help or not. Now my main workstation in studio is incapable run Affinity and I need to use a laptop to do the work as well there... Not a nice situation :-(

8 hours ago, paristo said:

As I can't make a Windows refresh just to check does it help or not.

I am not a Windows user so I may have this wrong but @Lee D just suggested doing a clean boot, which should only take a few minutes to do, so why not try it?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

If you didn't read, I did. "Clean Boot" means that you disable every service from Windows boot stack. Nothing special really. One of the first things you should try if you often install all kind software.

This problem became only after updating Affinity Photo

• 2 weeks later...

I am still having the problem.

Done re-install, run manually regedit to delete every single key pointing to Affinity, and still can't launch any version of Affinity that installers I have. 

There comes nothing, a process starts for a second and then disappears.