You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Image data base management

Hi,

I am wondering if you are considering an image data base management system for the Affinity Photo application. I downloaded the Beta application yesterday and edited about 10 RAW images. I like the user interface, the application runs fast on my iMac and all the tools I used worked flawlessly. I currently use Aperture, but sadly, Apple has stopped all developments for this great application. 

Cheers!

Richard

Richard

• 1 month later...

@RichardT54:  There have been quite a lot of posts on this.  The current situation with AP is that it is being developed as an editor, and can be used stand alone or as a call out from a program such as Aperture, CaptureOne or Lightroom.  

@TonyB:  That would be great.  There are lots of us who don't want to shift from Aperture to anything Adobe or fork out the €220 for CaptureOne, but equally have no confidence in Apple's willingness to make sure that Aperture will run on future versions of OS X, especially by the time OS X 10 morphs to OS X 11.  However, there is no indication that the day when Aperture will not run on OS X is imminent, so Affinity has a decent amount of time (after AP goes live?) to turn to development of a DAM module.

Retina iMac (4K display, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM) OS X 10.11.6  Capture One 10.

A DAM module from Affinity?  Now that would be lovely!  I'm using MediaPro (the older version, not MediaPro 1) but with no upgrade path, I expect to use it till it croaks.  Or until Affinity does one, which ever comes first.