You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, SigsCreations

With the nodes selected, either just position the cursor on one, and drag to where you want. Or use the arrow keys to nudge them.

But why not just tweak them where they are?

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

It was more work to tweak each individually since it kept changing the width of the shape. If it was a true line - that would have worked but this is a shape and so I had both sides to deal with.

Just highlighting a bunch and then trying to move by clicking and dragging would only move the one the cursor was on and not the group.

that is what I was expecting to happen but it didn't

no matter how many times I tried, it would just move one node.

Oh well. will try again later. Now I am arguing with the program because it did exactly what I wanted and what I expected the first time, now I need to repeat the technique and the program just will not do it.. Maybe I just need to restart it. It is getting extremely slow.

Thanks

Sig

Hi Sigs, yeah you should be able to select individual nodes with the node selection tool and move them by grabbing one of the selected nodes and all of the others that you selected at the same time will move. My issue is the inability currently to scale them or rotate them or align them. I am hoping this will get addressed eventually as it's kind of a fundamental missing feature at present...

" My issue is the inability currently to scale them or rotate them or align them"

Align them automatically, not available. Rotate and scale, yes. To wit:

NodeManip.m4v

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

• 6 months later...
On 11/26/2017 at 10:51 AM, gdenby said:

Don't know what you are doing, but attached is a quick screen grab:

NodeMove.m4v

This is also what I expect but won't work for me. I can nudge with arrows but that is way too abrupt and uncontrollable. I need to drag as you demonstrate in the video. If I do this, only one node moves. (again, I use white arrow, tripple click to activate nodes, drag/select a handful of adjacent nodes, but then when I drag, only one node moved eventhough the group is still selected (or at least highlighted).

2 hours ago, stinkykong said:

This is also what I expect but won't work for me.

After selecting the nodes you want to move, you must be careful to position the Node tool's pointer on one of the selected nodes (so it turns black), & then click & drag in one action.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

You may be clicking on a handle to a node not the actual node itself, this is easily done because the handles are the same colour as the nodes when selected and almost the same size.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Not sure why you are triple clicking? although that won't matter for this.

This is the correct procedure, as the guys describe above.

1  A shape, (now converted to curves)

node1.jpg.f7af3876e5916a741b4b1a1a952423cc.jpg

2 Select the Node tool

node2.jpg.27dfddc508719dd6a0d31d003f55b004.jpg

3 Click once on the Curve

node3.jpg.2ffeefec6dc8ced077cffcda9de63c6e.jpg

4. Drag a marquee around a bunch of curves and the enclosed nodes turn solid blue

node4.jpg.483f7529c6587f493553766c1102590f.jpg

5 Move the Node tool over one of the selected nodes and the pointer will turn black

node5.jpg.4de688c08028fb2f7544a4b00f352aa9.jpg

6. Click and drag, and the selected nodes all move as one.

node6.jpg.59e0586fd4c9419ce510cd0526378a77.jpg

At least, that's what should happen

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, must have been the mentioned 'node handles' issue

Thanks so much for your replies. I get it to work now and have experimented on a variety of examples. I surely was (repeatedly) selecting node handles. If there are nodes in close enough proximity, this can be hard to avoid, although in some examples, the correct behavior can happen very easily. I think, if possible, when selecting multiple nodes, the node handles should behave in the same way. But thanks to your help, I know how to do this.