Sign in to follow this  
clankennedy

Running in VMware Fusion

I am running Affinity Photo Beta on OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 in a virtual machine.

When I open an image it can be seen in the navigator window but not in the main edit window.

Any edits applied also show up in the navigator window but not the main edit window.

I have tried changing the view side but still can't see anything in the main edit window.

see attached file

I am running VMware Fusion as follows

Version 7.1.0

Processors 2 processor cores

Memory 4096 MB

Accelerated 3D Graphics :- have tried various sizes, makes no difference.

any ideas?

Afinity_Grab.tiff

Affinity uses OpenGL to present the results of the document render to the screen in the main view - this is clearly unhappy in VMware. You can try to change the option in Preferences->Performance->Use hardware OpenGL to turn off this option and it may work - but it will be a miserable experience compared to the real version... Why not just run it on your main OS? If you're particularly worried about something, just make a throwaway user and install it when logged in as that user - that way you can delete it again easily without a trace.

Thanks,

Matt