You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resize and optimize for web

I am not sure whether this is the right forum for this, but I haven't found one feature which I have used often in Photoshop or even PS Elements, which is what I could afford. Anyway; if I make an illustration for print, I often want to make a copy optimized for web, but if I use Resize Image in Affinity Photo (on the iPad as well as on the iMac) I don't get an optimized result, only a copy which looks like one with poorer quality. Now, the way I learnt to do it in Photoshop, is as follows:

1. Open the Resize Image dialogue box and deselect Resample Image. 

2.Resize image from 300 dpi to 72 dpi - image dimensions (Document size) increases in pixels or millimeters or whatever you choose.

3. Reselect Resample Image and set the desired dimensions and click OK
3. Choose Saw For Web, select location and save. Et voilá! You will have a lighter low res copy which will look just as sharp and pristine on the web as the hi res print version. 

(I'll attach screenshots to help explaining. 

Does this exist in Affinity Photo or if not, is it on the roadmap?

Skjermbilde 2017-11-25 kl. 14.59.34.png

Skjermbilde 2017-11-25 kl. 14.59.48.png

Skjermbilde 2017-11-25 kl. 15.00.30.png

Skjermbilde 2017-11-25 kl. 15.02.04.png

• 1 year later...
On 11/25/2017 at 7:05 AM, Wilfred Hildonen said:

I am not sure whether this is the right forum for this, but I haven't found one feature which I have used often in Photoshop or even PS Elements, which is what I could afford. Anyway; if I make an illustration for print, I often want to make a copy optimized for web, but if I use Resize Image in Affinity Photo (on the iPad as well as on the iMac) I don't get an optimized result, only a copy which looks like one with poorer quality. Now, the way I learnt to do it in Photoshop, is as follows:

1. Open the Resize Image dialogue box and deselect Resample Image. 

2.Resize image from 300 dpi to 72 dpi - image dimensions (Document size) increases in pixels or millimeters or whatever you choose.

3. Reselect Resample Image and set the desired dimensions and click OK
3. Choose Saw For Web, select location and save. Et voilá! You will have a lighter low res copy which will look just as sharp and pristine on the web as the hi res print version. 

(I'll attach screenshots to help explaining. 

Does this exist in Affinity Photo or if not, is it on the roadmap?

Skjermbilde 2017-11-25 kl. 14.59.34.png

Skjermbilde 2017-11-25 kl. 14.59.48.png

Skjermbilde 2017-11-25 kl. 15.00.30.png

Skjermbilde 2017-11-25 kl. 15.02.04.png

• 1 year later...