You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have a X-Rite ColorMunki Display to calibrate my screens. It even has support for iPad/iPhone, so I calibrated my iPad Pro 12.9" Mk.I with it and my iPhone 7 too. I can use an app called ColorTRUE to view my photos in real color on my iPad/iPhone. X-Rite says that other apps can be made to use the ColorTRUE profiles, so they will show true colors. As a photographer on the go, I often don't bring my heavy laptop with me with the calibrated screen and I rely on my iPad Pro 12.9" Mk.1 (which by the way has a terrible calibrated screen out of the factory). I edit a photo in Affinity Photo for iPad, export it and then check the real colors in the ColorTRUE app. Then go back to Affinity Photo and adjust colors, white balance, etc. if I need to. This is very cumbersome. If Affinity Photo for iPad could use the ColorTRUE Profile of my iPad, this cumbersome work around would not exist and I could use my iPad for more color critical photo work more easily. :) 

Are there plans for Affinity Photo for iPad to use ColorTRUE profiles? If not, are you willing to think about it? This would really make Affinity Photo for iPad justify the Pro in iPad Pro IMHO! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I would love this feature as well. Bur speaking about the iPad pro; these iPads (not the first gen 12,5 but the ones with dci P3) already have excellent color accuracy out of the box. I suggest reading the articles on displaymate.com. 

Please do note that the 10.5 inch has HDR support and your pictures show slightly more contrast on that display. Also due to the DCI P3 the reds show more vibrance and color nuance on those displays, they might look a little more flat on standard SRGB displays, so please take that into consideration while editting (push the saturation slightly). 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, Can you please add this ColorTrue support to Affinity Photo/Designer iPad apps.  ASAP

So that we are able to calibrate our iPads and achieve quality prints via Affinity apps  

http://xritephoto.com/colortrueSDK#

ColorTRUE Aware Partner Program

Deliver Color Accuracy to Your App

https://itunes.apple.com/fi/app/colortrue/id773486990?l=fi&mt=8

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Staff

Hi nick dean,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
No, you aren't being ignored. We usually don't reply to feedback threads (almost every possible feature was requested by now) but we do read them and take notes as necessary for further app's improvements. Both Support, Q/A, Developers and Management staff do read and participate on these forums actively.

• 5 months later...