Kiarian

Designer crashes when using pen tool (adjusting nodes) on JPEG image

Just had the same error three times in a row. I have a JPEG in Designer. I select the pen tool and start tracing around the JPEG. After six or seven inputs (working on the JPEG layer), I left click and hold on a node to adjust the curve. Program crashes. I've just reloaded, rasterised the JPEG and created a new layer to start with using the pen tool on. This seems to have stopped the crashing.

Hi Kiarian,

Is this reproducible for you using the same JPG? I've just tried myself using File > Place to put the JPG into a document and couldn't get any crashes. If you could reproduce the crash could you then go to the following location and zip and attach all the files in the folder please?

%AppData%\Affinity\Designer\1.0\CrashReports\

Constantly crashing, to the point where it seems more hassle than it's worth. It's happening now when I use the pen tool and drag the control point to lengthen the radius of the curve. Crashed 3 times in the past 20 minutes.

5 minutes ago, Kiarian said:

Trying to. It stop happening just as I was ready for it. I'll send one on the next one!

Just screenshot the dialog and post that here so I can read the reference. Or manually upload the report to this thread.

Hi Kiarian,

I did manage to get this to crash on me several times yesterday. It wasn't easy and reproducing it felt very random. When it did crash I received no crash reporter log or error messages - is similar to what you were getting?

I have reported it to development!

Hi Sean,
I get a window saying 'Program not responding' then the whole thing crashes out. Yeah, I don't get an error log or crash reporter, just a standard 'Program not responding'.
It can be extremely annoying if you're using the pen tool and have just spent ten minutes on one path, then to have to do it all over again.

After I uninstall and reinstall Nic Collection on my Affinity Photo I got crashmessages, but nothing els happen. Affinity Photo does not disappear when I working on it. Strange?

I run om iMac mid 2011 High Sierra. Problem or not?

16 minutes ago, iMacKalle said:

After I uninstall and reinstall Nic Collection on my Affinity Photo I got crashmessages, but nothing els happen. Affinity Photo does not disappear when I working on it. Strange?

I run om iMac mid 2011 High Sierra. Problem or not?

You've posted this in the "Bugs on Windows" forum, on a thread relating to crashes in the Pen Tool. You're probably better off making a new post in the Bugs on Mac forum.

Happened again. I only just saved the document.... Phew. I would not have been happy. It happened as I was dragging the control node around, adjusting the radius of a path created using the pen tool.
Omitted my email address while taking screenshot, but inputted after taking screenshot. Just checked explorer, there is no crash report? 

1.PNG

1 minute ago, Mark Ingram said:

Hi did you get a dialog before this with a crash reference on it? 

Hi. No crash reference. Other times it's crashed out, it just displays a windows default 'program not responding' window, then kicks me right out. 

Finally, I have a crash reference. Usual problem. Opened up a JPEG (have not saved as an Affinity Designer project). Was tracing over JPEG, and I get this error message:

1.JPG