You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Gran Turismo Sport - Super Mario Kart

Kiarian

Gran Turismo Sport now allow users to import SVG files for the in-game livery editor. The only thing is, the SVG file has to be below 15Kb in memory, which is pretty tiny.
It's a nice challenge though, to chop away as much unneeded information as possible, but to still get a good quality image. I created this vector file using Affinity Designer, which I then exported as the SVG file. 
I then used the livery editor to give my bog standard go-kart a new design.

The Gran Turismo screenshots are in game. I'm just showing them to illustrate how the decal design looks on the go-kart!

Super Mario Odyssey.png

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171124003132.jpg

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171124190350.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The in-game editor does have shapes, some with gradients, but all SVGs imported into the game have to be under 15Kb, can have a solid fill (but no FX, or gradients). I rustled up this on Designer just to see how it would look on the Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo. You probably don't get many miles to the gallon driving this beauty!

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171204143139.jpg

1 hour ago, MEB said:

Yeah - level 27! Someone is really enjoying GT :) 

Polyphony has done an amazing job with it.

Loving the game. Actually spent a lot of time not playing, and dabbling about in the livery editor and the Scapes mode!
PS. I'm a beast on Brand's Hatch - Gr. 3 category if anyone wants a race... Would be very cool having a grid of cars, each one with Affinity custom decals for each car!

Some great art in this thread!

MacBook Pro 11,2,  Intel i7 4 core, 8Gb RAM, Graphics Intel Iris Pro.

iPad Pro 11.4,  256Gb, 10.5 Retina, A10X Fusion chip, Apple pencil

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

The Win-10 laptop is on permanent loan to my daughter......

My Flickr Album

These are very slick. I love the shininess on the first photo of the Affinity Photo car. It screams the word, "Awesome."

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 12/7/2017 at 11:01 AM, Kiarian said:

Loving the game. Actually spent a lot of time not playing, and dabbling about in the livery editor and the Scapes mode!
PS. I'm a beast on Brand's Hatch - Gr. 3 category if anyone wants a race... Would be very cool having a grid of cars, each one with Affinity custom decals for each car!

O would like to play with you, what is your PSN profile...and...you can help me with something, you could give me the name that you put to the Mario design in the game, so I could add it to my gallery, I tried to make it, but I’m not good in this ;-;

I used to play GT and totally loved it, now you have awakened the GT sleeper, Trouble is I don't have a PS any more. I think I might treat myself for Crimbo.

My fav car was a Nissan Skyline the R34 GTR, I had it tweaked to death and I had it at +700BHP I think it was around 734BHP actually, it flew, I had the lines down pat and gear changes were pin sharp, I drove with no mercy, if you were in front you were going down B|.

Once, I was playing at my cousins and I was sat on a small stool and taking a sharp corner on Laguna Seca and I fell off the stool, I was leaning over so much lol! he about wet himself laughing.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

On 9/20/2018 at 5:12 AM, Jaretino said:

O would like to play with you, what is your PSN profile...and...you can help me with something, you could give me the name that you put to the Mario design in the game, so I could add it to my gallery, I tried to make it, but I’m not good in this ;-;

Hey Jarentino, search under the hashtag #nintendo #supermariokart #johnnyjawbone and it should come up. Haven't played GT lately as I've been working but it's a cool game. Ongoing, free DLC being released continuously!