You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Latest iPad beta version?

I've been TestFlight beta testing the iPad Photo app for a while now and just received an email, and iOS notification, from TestFlight saying "Affinity Photo 1.6.5 (1.6.5.60) for iOS is now available to test" and "To test this app, open TestFlight on iPad using iOS 10.3 or later and install the update".

But 1.6.5 (1.6.5.60) is the version I already have installed and is the only version ever been offered as available. In TestFlight it merely says "Open" (as usual), not 'Update'.

Is there a new version for testing? Why else would this notification be made?

I'm particularly interested because I'm dearly wanting to see if a further beta version might address any of those things I so far find to be a total barrier to buying Photo.

• Staff

Hi Glen,

Can you just check the date on the email.  Only reason i ask, i've not had that email today. I did have it back on 18/09/2017 when the 1.6.5 Beta went live and that was the last Beta we have ran, so not sure why you'd have got an email today and a notification from TestFlight.

Any new Betas are always announced in the Beta section here 

I got the same email, dated yesterday at 12:30 pm (US Mountain Standard time). I was also confused by it, since I too have the current beta on my iPad.

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

• Staff
43 minutes ago, smadell said:

I got the same email, dated yesterday at 12:30 pm (US Mountain Standard time). I was also confused by it, since I too have the current beta on my iPad.

Very odd, no one else here in the Tech Support room got an email or notification from TestFlight.  Must of just been a little glitch with the system.  Will be interesting to see if we get any more reports of this.  I'll move this thread to the iPad Beta section of the Forums as more testers may see it and confirm if they also got a notification.

Is there a new Photo on iPad beta coming soon? I sent a message to photoipadbeta(at)seriflabs(dot)com early last month, asking to join the testing programme, but I didn’t receive a reply. (I recently acquired an iPad Air 2, currently running iOS 11.1.2, and I have the TestFlight app installed.)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

We are looking at preparing a Beta for TestFlight and it seems this has falsely triggered the update message which some of you have had (be it email or notification on iPad).  Just ignore it as nothing new has gone live as of yet.  As always with a Beta, a post will be made here when it has gone live.

Sorry for the confusion this has caused

• Staff
1 hour ago, Alfred said:

Is there a new Photo on iPad beta coming soon? I sent a message to photoipadbeta(at)seriflabs(dot)com early last month, asking to join the testing programme, but I didn’t receive a reply. (I recently acquired an iPad Air 2, currently running iOS 11.1.2, and I have the TestFlight app installed.)

Hi Alfred,

All i can suggest is re-sending the email.  The requests for access to the Beta program are handled separately and manually by the Dev team.

6 minutes ago, stokerg said:

Hi Alfred,

All i can suggest is re-sending the email.  The requests for access to the Beta program are handled separately and manually by the Dev team.

Thanks, Gareth. Will do!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.