martinez

Bug Pixel Line AP1.6.6 Raw ARW Sony 7RM2

Hello
Recently opened ARW from my new Sony ILCE-7RM2 I noticed on the right side of a wide strip of strange pixeli lines, in other softwares I do not see (Capure One) Edit Sony, use ARW with another old A6000 I do not see this ...

Zrzut ekranu 2017-11-24 o 00.23.11.png

Zrzut ekranu 2017-11-24 o 00.22.01.png

Zrzut ekranu 2017-11-24 o 00.13.00.png

Zrzut ekranu 2017-11-24 o 00.12.52.png

Zrzut ekranu 2017-11-24 o 00.16.56.png

Zrzut ekranu 2017-11-24 o 00.43.27.png

Hi martinez

This is actually part of the image. A lot of other apps slightly crop the very edges of the image during raw development or in previews to remove this, however we choose to display the image in it's entirety give you more control over what is cropped

cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

3 minutes ago, Chris_K said:

Hi martinez

This is actually part of the image. A lot of other apps slightly crop the very edges of the image during raw development or in previews to remove this, however we choose to display the image in it's entirety give you more control over what is cropped

cheers

Is this a temporary measure and will it always be? because raw files from other camera do not generate this and sometimes it is important when you are mass-saving images (automation)

Hi martinez,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

This is by design. We opted to keep all image sensor data rather than crop the unreliable bits recommended by camera manufacturers. If you check the image size inside Affinity Photo you will see that's it's pixel dimensions are larger than when you open the RAW in other softwares. It's not Affinity that's generating that data - it's already there in the RAW files - but most software simply remove/crop it before displaying/present the image to the user. If you prefer to work with the "cropped" version as in other software, open the image in Develop Persona then go to menu View ▸ Assistant Manager... and change the first dropdown (RAW Engine) to Apple (Core Image RAW), then reload the image. Apple's engine will crop the image as recommended by the manufacturer.