You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

NIK Collection on Win 10: Installed fine but does not respond

Hello

My problem is that the NIK filters install fine, I see them in my filters list but they just refuse to open within AP. I have checked to be sure I have selected a layer and bring the filters 'into play'...but no joy. All the NIX filters load fine independently by the way, but of course it would be much better work-flow wise if I could do it within AP.

I have Version 1.6.1.93 of AP on a Windows 10 PC.

I found that in 1.6.1 that the Nik plugins were greyed out unless I rasterised the layer or did a Merge Visible. Even Viveza works when I do this. Getting Nik to work is still a black art. (Is this Nik or Old Nik?)

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Same here. Not even one NIK plugin pop up. AP 1.6.1.93. I see "Plugin" in History and nothing else happens.

On 23.11.2017 at 8:19 PM, ShelleyH said:

Hello

My problem is that the NIK filters install fine, I see them in my filters list but they just refuse to open within AP. I have checked to be sure I have selected a layer and bring the filters 'into play'...but no joy. All the NIX filters load fine independently by the way, but of course it would be much better work-flow wise if I could do it within AP.

I have Version 1.6.1.93 of AP on a Windows 10 PC.

Same here. W 10, AP the same version as ShelleyH's.

On 24.11.2017 at 0:12 AM, ShelleyH said:

Hi MEB

Yes, I have ticked it. I actually see them in the 'Filters/Plugins/Nik Collection' menu within AP and that's what seems odd. I load a photo in AP, duplicate it (as people suggest), click on the layer, choose a Nik plugin from the 'Filters' menu.........and nothing.

Okay I can confirm that the menus are NOT greyed out, they definitely become active once clicked on a layer. I have rasterised, merged, played with colour formats....but still....AP says no, not having it.

As John Rostron said "a dark art" indeed. 

This is the free Google NIK by the way. The do all work as standalone so of course they could still be very useful.

Thanks for the help

• Staff

Hi all,

Thank you for the additional info/reports.

The Nik collection seems to be working fine for me in Affinity Photo 1.6.1.93.

Note that you must be working with a pixel layer type (check the label between parenthesis after the layer's name in the Layers panel - if it says Image there right-click on the layer and select Rasterise to convert it to a pixel layer type). Make sure a pixel layer is selected (highlighted int he Layers panel) when you invoke the filter, not a mask, adjustment or something else. You must be working with RGB 8/16 bit images - check the menu Document ▸ Color Format (Greyscale and 32 bits RGB formats are NOT supported). 

If the Nik Collection is still not working for you after checking these items let me know.

• 1 year later...