You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Workbook Shipping price differences

Hi, when I go onto your website https://affinity.store/en-us/checkout/?_ga=2.153724984.1067668431.1511445610-691024722.1511445610&basket=5a84b0b0d341489e98c0893dc892e6b9 (image AP_WorkbookWebsite.JPG) the shipping price is CA $6.99 when I log into my account the shipping price is CA $9.99 (AP_WorkbookMyAccount.JPG) is it possible to know why the price is different? Thank you

AP_WorkbookWebsite.JPG

AP_WorkbookMyAccount.JPG

• Staff

Hi artofmtl,

Welcome to the forums :)

This is because in your first screenshot you aren't logged into the store so it doesn't actually know where we are shipping to. Once you have signed in and provided your shipping address it will recalculate to the correct shipping cost instead of guessing where you are located. It looks as though in your first image it had guessed it would be shipping within the USA and not to Canada.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

51 minutes ago, Callum said:

Hi artofmtl,

Welcome to the forums :)

This is because in your first screenshot you aren't logged into the store so it doesn't actually know where we are shipping to. Once you have signed in and provided your shipping address it will recalculate to the correct shipping cost instead of guessing where you are located. It looks as though in your first image it had guessed it would be shipping within the USA and not to Canada.

C

That's what I thought. Thank you

1 hour ago, artofmtl said:

That's what I thought. Thank you

Yes, it stands to reason, doesn’t it? Customers ordering from Canada are much more likely to want the product shipped to the USA instead of their home country! :P

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

24 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Yes, it stands to reason, doesn’t it? Customers ordering from Canada are much more likely to want the product shipped to the USA instead of their home country! :P

Maybe and someone can send it to me. In Canada we are to use to pay more because our dollar is so low. I can see that you live in Scotland and I would love to visit your country but with British pound being so high I cannot afford it (1 GBP =1.69181 CAD).

1 minute ago, artofmtl said:

I can see that you live in Scotland and I would love to visit your country but with British pound being so high I cannot afford it (1 GBP =1.69181 CAD).

The British pound was much higher before the ‘Brexit’ vote in favour of leaving the European Union.

BTW, in my previous post I should have said “ordering in Canadian dollars” rather than “ordering from Canada”, since (as Callum pointed out) the system doesn’t know your location until you log in.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)