You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How can I buy BOTH workbooks at once ?

I like to use your special offer for both workbooks = Affinity Photos and Designer hoping to save on shipping. And I would only have to be ready for ONE delivery.

But the moment I add the Designer book the Photo-version is gone.

So ...  I cannot get both books in my shopping basket.

What's the trick?

• Staff

There is no trick, we don't have a "basket" we have a product order page, one for each of the 4 products we sell. They won't be sent together anyway and there is no reduction in shipping for both, so 2 orders is exactly the same price as one order for both would be if you could place it.

Please place an order for one, creating an account if needed. Then when you order the other book, your details like address will be already filled in (and your credit card too if you choose to leave it on the account when you order the first, it can then be cleared in your account settings http://affinity.store/account)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

14 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

There is no trick, we don't have a "basket" we have a product order page, one for each of the 4 products we sell. They won't be sent together anyway and there is no reduction in shipping for both, so 2 orders is exactly the same price as one order for both would be if you could place it.

Please place an order for one, creating an account if needed. Then when you order the other book, your details like address will be already filled in (and your credit card too if you choose to leave it on the account when you order the first, it can then be cleared in your account settings http://affinity.store/account)

I imagine there are quite a few users who would appreciate the convenience and lower shipping cost of having both books supplied in a single delivery. Couldn’t Serif add a two-book “product” to the Affinity Store? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff
1 hour ago, Alfred said:

I imagine there are quite a few users who would appreciate the convenience and lower shipping cost of having both books supplied in a single delivery. Couldn’t Serif add a two-book “product” to the Affinity Store? :/

I asked the same myself, and the answer is no... We do not ship them ourselves. In order to sell a "bundled product" of both we would not only have to offer it on our store, we would have to send stock to Amazon DE USA and GB, with unique barcodes, boxes and palettes so their automated picking service understands it as something with a single lower shipping cost. We are not making a whole new skew just for that, the overheads involved are considerable. I wish it were as easy as it feels like it should be.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

I asked the same myself, and the answer is no... We do not ship them ourselves. In order to sell a "bundled product" of both we would not only have to offer it on our store, we would have to send stock to Amazon DE USA and GB, with unique barcodes, boxes and palettes so their automated picking service understands it as something with a single lower shipping cost. We are not making a whole new skew just for that, the overheads involved are considerable. I wish it were as easy as it feels like it should be.

That's a great pity. You'd have thought that a retailer like Amazon could do this without all those overheads (but even if they could, you'd probably find that you had to charge a higher unified shipping price, which would obviously be unpopular with those of us who wanted to purchase only one of the two workbooks).

I presume "skew" is your phone's interpretation of SKU, or what Amazon calls an ASIN.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

One more comment from my side. I was actually involved in logistic myself.  I agree - the concept of having a „basket“ for all purchases does really not make sense for your small line. 

If one cooperates with a third party for actual processing and shipment, the communication has to be absolutely clear. Also within the logistics portion of the supply chain it is required for warehouse management as well as selecting the right transport box to differentiate between single- oder multi-books containing parcels. Those who have the fun, to punch in all the stuff to satisfy SAP-based software systems know setting up a new article requires more than only some key strokes. Just google BOM = Bill of Material and you get an idea.

So I agree - by keeping the supply chain lean Serif is keeping cost for its customers best under control.

One more comment: I am into computers since the late 1970s (Apple II). At those early times you almost always received one or several manuals with the purchase of software … which were obviously included in the price calculation (ZBasic came for example with 5 manuals). In many cases one did not really need a manual. So at that times users often said, why don’t they stop to include manuals and lower prices instead. And if someone needs a manual it should be offered separately. And that’s what we have now today.