You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 1 year later...
  • Staff

Hi Designer-Clint,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Just to confirm: are you trying to import a PSD file with editable text layers into Photo / Designer with the Import PSD text as text rather than bitmap option ticked in the Preferences, General tab and they are coming as raster layers? And this also happens when you copy text layers between Photo and Designer? What OS are you running?

3 hours ago, Roger Lievens said:

Hallo, MEB,

How can I save a profile of a "Layers effect , like 3D or Bevel/Emboss !!

Thanks

Roger Bruges Belgium

He replied in one of your other topics:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, I am having same issue. Already selected import PSD text as font... but still comes in as raster/Pixel. My problem is I don't mind that it can't read the text, but it should do what Photoshop does, which is tell me "hey, this font isn't available, would you like to update font/replace font?" i.e. I should at least be able to see the font name because I need to know what to install.

It's not a matter of sending a file. It automatically tells me it's going to rasterize the font instead of telling me which font it is that's missing. Very basic. I found the font manually, but for future reference would like to know if will be fixed?

To clarify, Photoshop says "Hey, you're missing fonts here- this is what each one is... you want to select another font to replace it (you can then select each font and search for the font file manually/replace with another font) or just rasterize it. We only have rasterize option. 

On 11/23/2017 at 9:48 AM, Lee D said:

Hi createsean,

If you open Preferences > General you have an option for importing PSD text as text and not bitmap.

That would seem to to be the logical answer and yes I already had that selected- but it doesn't seem to care because it rasterizes anyway

4 hours ago, JofreJKD said:

It's not a matter of sending a file. It automatically tells me it's going to rasterize the font instead of telling me which font it is that's missing. Very basic. I found the font manually, but for future reference would like to know if will be fixed?

What is the exact error message you get from Affinity? Can you give us a screenshot?

And, it would probably help Serif diagnose this if you provided the file, as they requested.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

22 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

What is the exact error message you get from Affinity? Can you give us a screenshot?

And, it would probably help Serif diagnose this if you provided the file, as they requested.

It's not an error message. It just doesn't offer the option to replace the font. The file opens fine. 

But I can send a file if you want. What's the link?

On 6/1/2020 at 6:41 AM, MEB said:

Hi JofreJKD,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Do you mind uploading the PSD file in question for us to check out please? I can provide an upload link if you wish to keep the file private. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...