You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Email address not recognised

Hello

I'm trying to log onto my Affinity account and keep getting a message that my email address is not recognised!!!

Clearly my email address is recognised to enable me to look at and add topic to this forum!

I'm trying to place an order for the Affinity Book.

PS.  T WOULD BE SO NICE TO GET BACK TO THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHERE I HAVE A PHONE NUMBER TO CALL TO GET SOME HELP!

If you're a Mac user who hasn't previously ordered the Affinity Designer Workbook or claimed the version 1.6 freebies, you won't have an Affinity Store account. The login is completely separate from your forum account, but if you try to purchase either of the workbooks you should find that you're invited to create an account as part of the ordering procedure.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Hi FrankL0,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The Affinity Forum and Affinity Store accounts are independent from each other. They are not linked in any way so the credentials you used to create the account on the forums won't work there. Unless you already bought something from the Affinity Store previously (the Affinity Designer Workbook or the Windows versions of our apps) or claimed the extras offered with the latest 1.6 update which required you to create an account there, you don't have an account in the Affinity Store yet.

• Staff

Hi Frank,

Our Forum and our Store are two separate entities, and having an account on one, does not mean you will have an account on the other.

We do not have an existing Affinity Store account that uses your email address. When placing your order, please use the “New to Affinity” option at checkout using any email address and password you wish. An Affinity Store account will be created for you.

Hope this helps :)

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

1 minute ago, SSwaap said:

When placing your order, please use the “New to Affinity” option

This should really say “New to the Affinity Store?” Many Mac owners have been using the Affinity apps ever since they were launched, but if they've only purchased the apps (via the Mac App Store) they won't have Affinity Store accounts.

Alfred spacer.png

13 minutes ago, Alfred said:
18 minutes ago, StevenS said:

When placing your order, please use the “New to Affinity” option

This should really say “New to the Affinity Store?”

It would actually be better to get rid of the separate tab altogether. If I try to add my email address as if I were a new customer, I get a pop-up telling me that there is already an Affinity Store account associated with that address, and I'm invited to choose between signing in with that address or using a different one. Existing customers can therefore get in via this route anyway, so having another tab merely causes confusion for new customers.

Alfred spacer.png

1 hour ago, FrankL0 said:

OK.  I understand that.   But, if I have purchased Affinity Photo, which I have, wouldn't I therefore have a Affinity store account?

Did you buy the Mac or Windows version? As was mentioned several times, if it was the Mac version you did not purchase it from Serif/Affinity & would not have an Affinity Store account unless you bought the Affinity Designer workbook.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7