You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo for Windows Update 1.6.1 (& 1.6.2) Available

Patrick Connor

• Staff

Hi,

We are pleased to announce the release of Affinity Photo for Windows, version 1.6.1 & 1.6.2 (see footnote)

The 1.6.1 change-list is as follows:

- Improved Photoshop plugin support (compatibility for Filter Forge and some others)

- Added missing 'Vertical Alignment' text menu

- Added Outlier option from Stack Options

- Added missing menu item and auto-scroll in Layers panel

- Added custom wet edges from brush editor

- Fixed rendering issues with ASUS SonicRadar, MSI Nehemic 2, etc (had to remove check for legacy RivaTuner crashes, see Third Party Software

- Fixed incorrect file extensions and missing icons for TIFF and GIF Export in Turkish 

- Fixed printer profile resetting when tab is changed 

- Fixed printing of recolour adjustments

- Fixed slices created from layers having no area

- Fixed automatic slice areas to use any vector enclosure mask by default

- Fixed snapping in Marquee tool

- Fixed Pixel Zoom calculations

- Fixed unable to increase brush dynamics using mouse wheel

- Fixed Shape Fill cannot be changed easily if set to None before drawing

- Fixed resizing of Frame Text when rotation centre is in bottom right

- Other Tool and View fixes

- Fixed being unable to retrieve EXIF information from files that have non-ANSI characters in their path

- Fixed being unable to drop a file from Explorer without any documents open

- Fixed images being pasted upside down

- Improved SVG import of gradients

- Fixed PDF import of inline images

- Fixed PSD import of files from "Sketchclub"

- Fixed PSD export for layers that have bounds with zero height or width

- Fixed PDF export rasterizing vector objects in some cases

- Fixed auto-save not executing for read-only files 

- Fixed read-only documents having Save option disabled (now directs to Save As)

- Avoid hang in parallel processing of Batch jobs

- Fixed crashes when switching between documents with Brush panel open

- Other UI tweaks and fixes

- Many other stability fixes and bug fixes

* Release 1.6.2 changes

Affinity Photo for Windows build 1.6.2 has the same fixlist over 1.6.0 as the above list for 1.6.1, but it also includes one other minor change. With minor impact, it has not been given it's own release notes or put on auto-update notification for build 1.6.1.

- Social Media Links on Welcome dialog updated. Affinity Social links are now @AffinityBySerif and so the software links have been updated to reflect this change.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

When I logged into Affinity Photo 1.6.0.89 it suggested that I download the latest update, I was suspicious because I thought all updates were done automatically, however your message on this forum confirms that an update is available, is it safe to download from a website called go.affinity?

• Staff
6 minutes ago, Patkon said:

Hi, I click "OK" in Affinity Photo but nothing happens :/ 

in the Designer the same ...

OK just means you have seen the option. The Download button will take you to the right Download page 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
23 minutes ago, Colesy36 said:

When I logged into Affinity Photo 1.6.0.89 it suggested that I download the latest update, I was suspicious because I thought all updates were done automatically, however your message on this forum confirms that an update is available, is it safe to download from a website called go.affinity?

That is the closest we have to "automatic", it's semi-automatic. You are told of the patch's existence and you choose when it is convenient to update. OK means I have seen this but I want to use the program and will update later. Download will take you through a redirect service (go.seriflabs.com I believe) to our updates page. The redirect service is for futureproofing but you will end up on the affinity.store updates page.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
2 hours ago, wiseone said:

Apparently there has been an update to affinity photo for windows.  When I open the program, it does not advise me, and there is not a check for updates  area. Where do I get the new update? The version I am running is 16193

Please see the 2nd last line of the opening post in this thread

Affinity Photo for Windows build 1.6.2 has the same fixlist over 1.6.0 as the above list for 1.6.1, but it also includes one other minor change. With minor impact, it has not been given it's own release notes or put on auto-update notification for build 1.6.1.

If you still want this build, simply for the changes to the Social Media links, you can download it from the Downloads section in your account https://affinity.store/account 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

On 07/12/2017 at 7:27 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Please see the 2nd last line of the opening post in this thread

If you still want this build, simply for the changes to the Social Media links, you can download it from the Downloads section in your account https://affinity.store/account 

Hi Patrick,

Strange : On one of my pc the update was done automatically and on the other one impossible to update !

In the menus, there is no option for updating, even by displaying the welcome window .

I will try the link you have mentionned.

Best regards

Patrik

Edited by pknew
fault

• Staff
18 minutes ago, pknew said:

Hi Patrick,

Strange : On one of my pc the update was done automatically and on the other one impossible to update !

In the menus, there is no option for updating, even by displaying the welcome window .

I will try the link you have mentionned.

Best regards

Patrik

Not that strange, If one PC was on 1.6.0 or earlier it will have been told there was an update (to 1.6.2) If the other PC was already on 1.6.1 then it will not have wasted your time updating from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2. As I said in my post "it has not been given it's own release notes or put on auto-update notification for build 1.6.1. So build 1.6.2 is on autoupdate for any earlier build, which you may have had. Please don't worry though they do the same thing in all other respects.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd