You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Workbook for iPad

• Staff

Hey Wattloewe,

We are not promoting it for iPad, as the user interface is quite different. The photo manipulation techniques are true of both versions and most of the features described in the book are all in the iPad version, so yes this book can help, but Affinity Photo for iPad is not the target audience. Some of the chapters would be hard to follow, and there is no export persona so those bits are not relevant.

Also, although the techniques are transferable you will have a problem downloading and using the accompanying content distributed in zip files. So this workbook really not recommended for Affinity Photo for iPad owners, but is perfect for the Mac and Windows desktop Affinity Photo customers.

To my knowledge, we are not planning an iPad version.

• 1 month later...

Too bad.

Although I have figured out my workflow I can't help to think my productivity, and learning curve would have been greatly reduced had their been associated literature to accompany what is otherwise a terrific app.

Before anyone points out the Affinity Photo Help which is available in the app --> it's rendered useless since you can't actually navigate and access the help section whilst developing an image. Extremely poor UX Affinity.

I realize porting this content and making it available online would be time-consuming, but....here's hoping for a better solution anyway. 

Hey Wattloewe,

We are not promoting it for iPad, as the user interface is quite different. The photo manipulation techniques are true of both versions and most of the features described in the book are all in the iPad version, so yes this book can help, but Affinity Photo for iPad is not the target audience. Some of the chapters would be hard to follow, and there is no export persona so those bits are not relevant.

Also, although the techniques are transferable you will have a problem downloading and using the accompanying content distributed in zip files. So this workbook really not recommended for Affinity Photo for iPad owners, but is perfect for the Mac and Windows desktop Affinity Photo customers.

To my knowledge, we are not planning an iPad version.

• 6 months later...

On a more positive note, I’ve gone through most of the examples in the workbook on a 9.7” iPad Pro, it’s a great book..

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help