You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello, great tool.
I've got  AP trial (version 1.6.0.89).
The EFIF-Tab shows "n/a" at all entries after opening any file. So with jpegs and raws of different cameras (canon & panasonic).
Starting the app as admin doesn't help.
Exeption rule on the anti virus tool doesn't help.

Installing program in a different folder on d:\ doesn't help.
I know inbetween that it concerns the tool exiftool.exe in the resources folder.
Couldn't find more help or topics.

Addidtional:
I work with photoshop (elements for private use   and CC in job).
May I  add a wish for the developers to copy a helpful workflow from photoshop:
Increase / decrease brush size by moving mouse left/right while pressing ALT and right mousebutton.
Also increase / decrease brush hardness by moving mouse up/down while pressing ALT and right mousebutton.
Meaning all types of brushes such as clone brush, paint brush, dodge brush and so on.
Certainly a huge wish, but would be definitively an immense help. Collegues always applause, when I show them this trick on photoshop.
(Should I create a separate content for this?) 
Sorry about my english. It's not my first language.
Greetings... Juergen.

• Staff

Hi Juergen,

On my Affinity Photo the EXIF info shows correctly as shown in the screen shot and I only get N/A when there is no embedded EXIF data on the photo, have you tried using a EXIF viewer such as the free  PhotoME to check the EXIF data on your photos

The equivalent modifier using the mouse in Affinity Photo is  Press the right mouse button, Alt key then left mouse button and drag on the page. Dragging left or right will adjust the brush size, and up and down will adjust the hardness.

exif on jpg.png

20 hours ago, bt-grantsh said:

I've got  AP trial (version 1.6.0.89).
The EFIF-Tab shows "n/a" at all entries after opening any file. So with jpegs and raws of different cameras (canon & panasonic).

Starting the app as admin doesn't help.
Exeption rule on the anti virus tool doesn't help.

It's possible your EXIF issue is due to certain non-English characters in your Windows username or file path, which can cause problems reading the EXIF metadata.  This particular issue was fixed in the 1.6.1.92 Beta and therefore the fix should be included in the latest retail version (1.6.1.93) that was released earlier this week.

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.1.92
- Fixed being unable to retrieve EXIF information from files that have non-ANSI characters in their path

Installing program in a different folder on d:\ doesn't help.
I know inbetween that it concerns the tool exiftool.exe in the resources folder.
Couldn't find more help or topics.

It runs from two paths, one of which is located in your %UserProfile%, so it's possible this was also being affected by certain username characters before the fix in 1.6.1.92, but I don't know.

C:\Program Files\Affinity\Affinity Photo\Resources\exiftool.exe
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Temp\par-[12 DIGIT NUMBER]\cache-exiftool-10.63\exiftool.exe