artfabrique

Bug with stroke and rounded corners

Shape strokes anialiasing is terrible and buggy. There is even a gaps between stroke and fill.

uFf85OGk93[1].png

G6MmImtgqr[1].png

Also setting stroke to the "center" is not an option for transparent shapes

WYEyL88HJa.png

This makes your product completely unusable by any UI designer. And i'd like to ask an urgent hotfix or refund.

Having the same issue (since the 1.6 update)

Thought that version 1.6.1 would have fixed it, but it's still there.

Made a screenshot of two circles (red and blue)

Red circle is below and was "outlined" from an ellipse shape.

The blue circle is still the perfect ellipse shape.

The difference is visible. 

snip_20171123102414.png

22 hours ago, Chris_K said:

Hi artfabrique

This is a known issue and unfortunately an artefact of the rendering process. It is an issue that is still open in our database.

Thanks

And when it will be fixed?For us, it's a high-priority bug which makes your product unusable.

26 minutes ago, artfabrique said:

And when it will be fixed?For us, it's a high-priority bug which makes your product unusable.

Unfortunately we don't give estimates for fixes. Just keep an eye on the beta forums for the latest builds that are made available ahead of official patches.

On 23.11.2017 at 3:54 PM, Mark Ingram said:

Unfortunately we don't give estimates for fixes. Just keep an eye on the beta forums for the latest builds that are made available ahead of official patches.

Hi there! Any progress on this?

By the way maybe its a good idea to organize some public bug-tracker? GitHub for example. There are already plenty of repositories with extensions and utilities for your product.

https://github.com/search?utf8=✓&q=affinity+designer&type=

Your community loves you and willing to help!

It's very unlikely that any commercial product would have a public bug list.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta

3 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

It's very unlikely that any commercial product would have a public bug list.

This approach (encapsulated, closed) does not work in 2018 for any type of software, from my perspective.

When you build a pipeline and automate some things you have to know all known bugs and know workarounds till they are fixed.

For example, we a gamedev company and we build content-heavy social and mobile games. Hundreds of graphical assets done monthly by a big distributed team. Our assets export and integration is continuous and automated. If something breaks we need to know "what and where" to be able to perform a workaround and educate our employees about that immediately.

Even Adobe got it :)))

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop?topic-list[settings][type]=problem

6vdXI

2 hours ago, artfabrique said:

This approach (encapsulated, closed) does not work in 2018 for any type of software, from my perspective.

When you build a pipeline and automate some things you have to know all known bugs and know workarounds till they are fixed.For example, we a gamedev company and we build content-heavy social and mobile games. Hundreds of graphical assets done monthly by a big distributed team. Our assets export and integration is continuous and automated. If something breaks we need to know "what and where" to be able to perform a workaround and educate our employees about that immediately.

Yes, your company needs a bug tracking system. But it does not need to be public for your team members and other employees to do their jobs.

Even Adobe got it :)))

Yes, that's certainly public. But is it really Adobe's bug tracker, that their teams use as their primary source of information? I doubt it. I suspect it has only the bug reports found by the customers, just as this one at Serif has. And except for being a bit more organized than the Affinity forums, that Adobe forum (from a quick look) seems quite similar to this one.

But perhaps I misunderstood you. if all you were asking for was more organization of the publicly reported bugs, so they were easier for us (the public) to find, that seems feasible. What does not seem feasible, to me, for a commercial product, is a public bug database containing all the information about all the bugs known to the company.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta

9 hours ago, artfabrique said:

Hi there! Any progress on this?

By the way maybe its a good idea to organize some public bug-tracker? GitHub for example. There are already plenty of repositories with extensions and utilities for your product.

https://github.com/search?utf8=✓&q=affinity+designer&type=

Your community loves you and willing to help!

Interesting list of projects on there.

We do have a bug tracker, it's just not public. 

When a customer reports a bug on the forum, the dev, QA or support team read it, try to reproduce it (and coordinate with the customer if they can't), and then log it internally.

A lot of the bug reports we have contain references to code, or other IP that we don't want to share.

I agree with artfabrique 100%. This is absolutely unacceptable and frankly, quite embarrassing, along with all the other embarrassing issues with AD currently. Like typing in absolute radius value of corner bevels for a 4"x2" rounded corner label with 1/8" radius (.125"). These values are not accurate in the slightest and when sent to printer even though typed in ".125 for my corner radius (because that's what the label template calls for) the corners NEVER line up, which renders AD a completely useless tool for printing labels, or just the printing pipeline in general! Good heavens AD, stop championing yourself as an AI replacement or even a bonafide serious designer tool for anyone really working in the industry!