You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"Complete edit" tutorial from start to finish (Portraiture)

I would like to request a similar Edit and walkthrough as this one here on youtube but for affinity for the iPad... 

Particularly bringing the sun out & complete start to finish since I'm new to Affinity Photo ... I know this result is possible i just can't get down the layers and masking ... If anyone could put something like this together i would be forever grateful 

Thank You,

Joey

• Staff
37 minutes ago, Mithel said:

I haven't seen any "start to finish" tutorials for Affinity Photo.  The tutorials all seem to be individual techniques.  You might want to consider the new "workbook" that they just published.

The stickied thread at the top of this forum (Official Affinity Photo tutorials) has a list of project and workflow videos... they're at the bottom under the Projects and Windows Workflow headings and they all cover a variety of techniques for editing from start to finish - there are two portrait editing/retouching videos (although a newer one is due that is perhaps more extensive). Hope that helps!

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials

James' videos are an excellent way to learn. They are bite-sized and very helpful. I made notes on them here:

I'd also recommend the built-in help manual (F1).

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

Thank you guys but these are all for the desktop version and im looking for iPad complete tutorials  ... It helps though with terminology just not layout and workflow. dmstraker Wow! those are amazing ! James those examples do need enhanced versions and also need to be incorporated using the iPad ... Donato thank you! but i need a complete iPad edit .

So im guessing complete edits are not available for the iPad version ...

Affinity...

My wishlist is a walkthrough start to finish with downloadable files so we can go step by step with you 

• 1 month later...

I think this is kinda what your looking for???

Im actually in the process of trying to start making tutorials for the IPAD version only. I currently use photoshop for work, but see plenty of opportunity with this ipad app. If this isn't exactly what your looking for maybe we can chat about me making something closer for my videos

18 hours ago, TheWindowSeatistaken said:

I think this is kinda what your looking for???

Im actually in the process of trying to start making tutorials for the IPAD version only. I currently use photoshop for work, but see plenty of opportunity with this ipad app. If this isn't exactly what your looking for maybe we can chat about me making something closer for my videos

Yeah i was working on it too but its very slow going... Absolutely I would love that! The only issue with the video above is there are gaps in my workflow not covered by this. If you are starting a channel I would love to throw ideas back and forth with you. I would love some complete start to finish Edits. I see many users on here are looking for similar so i believe it would be successful  

Just now, jniiiice said:

Yeah i was working on it too but its very slow going... Absolutely I would love that! The only issue with the video above is there are gaps in my workflow not covered by this. If you are starting a channel I would love to throw ideas back and forth with you. I would love some complete start to finish Edits. I see many users on here are looking for similar so i believe it would be successful  

PS If you already have something up i would love to check it out.

Hello jniiiice,
maybe this video will help for the look you want, click here then a little bit of gaussian blur.

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)