km.au

Stuck on panning mode

Hi, anyone else use Affinity photo and quite often the canvas locks onto the mouse and follows it everywhere as if pan mode is permanently on? 

The only fix is to close the program down and open it again. I haven't been able to reproduce but it seems to happen when saving and the spacebar is pressed while the save occurs. Again though, it's not a 100% reproducible bug. 

Windows 10. 

Hey km.au, 

Are you just using a standard keyboard and mouse? Do you have a tablet or anything like that plugged in? I haven't seen this so I'm wondering if it could be hardware related. 

Hi, 

Just a standard keyboard and mouse. This issue happens quite often in working with the program during the day. 

I don't think it's hardware related as it happens on a custom built workstation at home and a HPZ440 at work. 

It seems to reproduce while the save dialogue box is present. 

Hey km.au,

I can trigger this if I am panning and then do a Ctrl+S to bring up the Save As dialog. When the dialog is closed, the canvas is stuck to the pointer until I left-click. I can't get it to become stuck permanently though. Leave it with me as I'll try it on a few setups and see if my colleagues have seen it. The fact I can get it to grip the canvas when the Save As dialog appears might be enough for development to find a fix for you. 

That would be most excellent. 

I too think it occurs mostly when panning with the Ctrl + S dialogue. 

Although for me it gets stuck until the program is closed. Even minimizing,  or any other manner of keys won't fix it. I'll give the left click a try though. 

Thank you Chris.