You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Develop persona white balance picker

I'm rather new to AP, so there may be something I simply don't understand about your request, but doesn't the White Balance Tool in the Develop persona already do what you want?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 11/22/2017 at 6:59 PM, walt.farrell said:

I'm rather new to AP, so there may be something I simply don't understand about your request, but doesn't the White Balance Tool in the Develop persona already do what you want?

Unfortunately it doesn’t 

iPad Pro 12.9 M1/Mac Mini M1, in that order

Thanks, @wgphoto, but I still don't understand. If I choose the White Balance Tool (not the White Balance panel), and then click on a pixel in the image using the tool, doesn't that adjust the white balance based on the pixel I clicked on? It certainly seems to, and that's what the Help says should happen:

Automatically sets the White Balance of the image depending on the color of the pixel clicked under the tool's cursor ...

If it's not doing that, or that's somehow different from what you've asked for, I'd like to understand more.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

If you click on the White Balance Adj Layer you have the button "Picker". Click on it and then click anywhere you want on your picture, or drag it. You'll see the color change.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

I don't have my iPad in front of me, but I'm hoping you mean there's an actual white balance tool in the develop persona. I'll give it a look when I get home. If so, thanks for pointing that out.

iPad Pro 12.9 M1/Mac Mini M1, in that order

2 hours ago, wgphoto said:

I don't have my iPad in front of me, but I'm hoping you mean there's an actual white balance tool in the develop persona. I'll give it a look when I get home. If so, thanks for pointing that out.

The White Balance I metionned above is the one in "Photo" Persona.

In Develop Persona it's the last tool at the bottom of the Tool box. Shortcut is "W".

Having a "picker" on the right Panel itself would make sense also.

EDIT: I'm talking about the WIndows version, I don't have an iPad... Just noticed that I am in that section.... sorry.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"