Sign in to follow this  
Djoule

[AP] Shortcut to show/hide a layer

Hi

I'm looking for a shortcut to show / hide a layer. Untill now, if I want to see the adjustment I've done, I use to check/uncheck the layer. But I also often missclick.

So as it's difficult to keep an eye on the checkbox and the other on my image, I think a shortcut could be usefull.

If it already exists, can someoine tell me where I can find it ?

With the View Tool or Move Tool selected (not a brush tool), you can use the layer opacity shortcut keys to quickly hide/show selected layers.

Press 0 (zero) twice quickly to hide the selected layers (0% opacity)
Press 0 (zero) once to unhide them (100% opacity)

Credit: @Zox 

19 minutes ago, Djoule said:

It's not exactly the shortcut I wanted but yours works fine.

It's more of a work-a-round as there isn't an option in the keyboard shortcut preferences to assign a shortcut key to toggle layer visibility on/off at the moment.  If some of your layers have opacities that aren't 100%, then obviously this work-a-round won't help and you'll need to resort back to using the check boxes in those cases.

29 minutes ago, Sima said:

If some of your layers have opacities that aren't 100%, then obviously this work-a-round won't help and you'll need to resort back to using the check boxes in those cases.

Right, I did'nt think about that. Something to be careful.

The Show All command (control + command + H) on Mac, will show all the hidden layers (and objects as well) in Photo but it doesn't appear that the "Hide" command that is found in Designer is turned on for Photo so there doesn't seem to be a quick way of hiding in Photo yet.

I hope that helps,

Hokusai 

On 22/11/2017 at 7:43 AM, Hokusai said:

The Show All command (control + command + H) on Mac, will show all the hidden layers (and objects as well) in Photo but it doesn't appear that the "Hide" command that is found in Designer is turned on for Photo so there doesn't seem to be a quick way of hiding in Photo yet.

I hope that helps,

Hokusai 

Hi Hokusai

I noticed the Show All command, but as there isn't a Hide all command, i'll keep the opacity method for the moment.

I hope devs will implement a short cut on a futur release