You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I want to custom rotate multiple layers, I can find fixed rotational parameters, but not a custom one. When the Move Tool is used, all the layers elements are selected but the corner manual rotation double arrow is not there - see attached screenshot. I have tried using various keyboard actions with the Move Tool but to no avail. I need the multiple layers to all rotate accurately, so individual layer rotations are not effective and I do not want to flatten to rotate. In PS this is easily achievable, what am I missing in AP.

Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 12.03.08.png

One of the layers you have selected is Locked which will prevent you rotating the other layers

Unlock that layer and it should be Ok

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Hi, Freddie360,

Hmm, don't know why you are having this problem.  When I select a layer, I can rotate it as I like w. either the move tool rotating at the corner, in 15 degree increments w. shift held down. The center of rotation can be set manually toanyplace. Using the rotate numeric entry from transform. the precise angle can be set, and the rotation center set to any of the 9 available positions.

But to get a number of individual layers precisely rotated, it appears one must sequentially select them, and use the transform rotation numeric entry. At least as far as I know, I've only dabble a bit w. AP. 

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

12 minutes ago, carl123 said:

One of the layers you have selected is Locked which will prevent you rotating the other layers

Unlock that layer and it should be Ok

This is also evident from the "X" corners.

2017-11-21_133914.png.b8a639ab5ffd6cb7ec184d91b0de1907.png

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/49395-how-to-rotate-an-image/#comment-247710

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

Thanks all for such prompt replies, did not notice the locked layer which of course is the problem, also I did not realise the 'X' corners meant it was locked. After using PS since 1990 I sometimes miss the obvious in AP.  However, I am determined that AP will replace my PS program and despite the excellent training videos I can see the fast response of this forum will be an essential part of my transition.