You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

DAMn, where is it?

Just kidding, but any news on DAM, specifically within the iOS app? Right now it (along with non-destructive RAW edits) is pretty much the only thing holding me back from going full iOS all the time for my retouching. I currently still use Capture One to sync my RAW changes across multiple images where necessary.

iPad Pro 12.9 M1/Mac Mini M1, in that order

Same for me! In my opinion there is no need for affinity to do this on their own. Why not just cooperate with qnap or synology? This could give us plenty of storage as well as fast backups of and syncing between our devices. Additionally there are no privacy issues. Come on guys, how hard can it be?

16 hours ago, Chrisb89 said:

Same for me! In my opinion there is no need for affinity to do this on their own. Why not just cooperate with qnap or synology? This could give us plenty of storage as well as fast backups of and syncing between our devices. Additionally there are no privacy issues. Come on guys, how hard can it be?

I think we're talking about 2 different things. Yes, they're both DAM, but you're speaking from an external perspective, where I'm speaking of the app having the functionality, whether the storage be external or local.

iPad Pro 12.9 M1/Mac Mini M1, in that order

Sure, but what I mean should be both, easier to develop and more flexible to use.

Just imagine you could shoot somewhere in the field, pull all the photos onto your iPad, give star ratings to identify the best ones, (perhaps even start with some basic editing), continue to work on your desktop, backup everything on your NAS and eventually show the best photographs to your clients or friends on the iPad again.

I‘d love such a workflow, but even though Adobe made some progress towards it, they force us to sync everything through the cloud. Having raw files with 30mb per photo as well as a poor internet connection, their approach does not work. Why is there no innovative company to consider such an easy but effective workflow?

• 2 weeks later...