You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have studied the training videos and I understand how to go about merging images using AP on an iMac. My understanding is that the images to merge need to be either tif or jpeg. What I would like to do is to merge the images and then be able to work with the merged image in the develop persona without losing any of the original data.

If I were to develop the RAW images without making any changes to them, export them as tif images, merge these images and then open the merged image in the develop persona, would this give me what I am trying to achieve? It seems a long way round and I know that it is much simpler in Lightroom but I have no intention of going that way.  

Hi DWright,

What I am trying to achieve is an image, for example a simple HDR image, which is in the format which can be processed in the develop persona. In Lightroom it is possible to use a number of images to form a simple HDR image which retains the extension DNG and which can be processed before being developed. I hope that this makes sense.

• Staff

Hi Littletank,

You can use a bracketed set of RAW's and load them through the HDR Merge function but you have no control over the settings being used for these RAW's. The end result however is an RGBA/32 (developed) image which you can then move back to Develop Persona for further tweaking which still does offer plenty of flexibility.

I have just noticed the video HDR Preprocessing where several RAW images are converted into an HDR image, is this what you mean, MEB? If so could you please describe what I have to do to be able to load the Raw images, without them being developed, into the Photo Persona, please?