You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo: Brush window improvements

It would be nice if the brush window could have a few improvements.

1. Show the name of the brush in the list of the brushes. Now I need to hover over the brush to see the name in the tooltip. It would be nice to be able to have a setting to choose if the name should be visible in the list, it could be shown under the brush or the brush preview could be changes to show only a dot of the brush and the name next to it.

2. Other list styles for the brush list. This is a little bit like the first point in both cases it's about how the brushes are displayed in the list. It would be nice to have an option for smaller brush previews or maybe even multiple columns or a grid layout for the brush list. Now I need to scroll a lot trough the brush list if a category has a lot of brushes.

3. Change the order of the brush categories. If I add new brushes or create new categories I would like to be able to sort the categories. Now it seems to be fixed to the order in which you added the categories, which gets a bit messy after a while. The only solution I can think of at the moment would be to clear the list and re-add the categories. Which is a lot of work, so a simple way to change the order would be very helpful.