trialanderror

Batch processing messes with image proportions

I’ve recorded a macro that would resize 600 ppi images to 300 ppi, and another that would paste a line of text (I would like to use a variable like “current date” but that’s not possible, so I just use the year and add the rest manually later). These I would stack (plus some others like add a curve adjustment layer) and run on a folder of some hundred images. For now (that is, in Affinity Photo 1.6.6) this seems to work only under the most ideal circumstances, that is, if all the images have the exact same dimension and orientation.

Let’s say to record the macro, I resized the first image from 4000 × 6000 pixels at 600 ppi to 2000 × 3000 pixels at 300 ppi while keeping the physical dimensions at ~ 169 × 254 mm. Now in the batch process, images with 2000 × 2400, 2400 × 2000 (please note the crucial difference: landscape instead of portrait), 4000 × 1000 or whatever size and proportion will be resized to 1000 × 1200 pixels at 300 ppi … All I want to do is reduce the resolution but keep the physical dimensions and orientation of each image.

In the same vein, the text I paste is distorted if the target image has different proportions than the source.

Hi trialanderror

This is more the macro than the batch process there a few known errors with resizing in macros especially when using files of different dimensions to the original document used to recreate the macro. I shall add the information you have provided to our report

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com