You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Beta - 1.6.1.93 version (split)

• Staff

Tho Wer, 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums 

The Windows Affinity Photo 1.6.1 codebase is the same as the Mac Affinity Photo 1.6.7 codebase. Why do you ask? Is there something specific? 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. The Raw Converter was improved in Mac beta version 1.6.7, especially shadows and lights. I wanted to try this improvement on Windows. So I am waiting for the beta with the same code and feature. but the 1.6.1.93 does not contain this new feature. I have read that the 1.6.1.94 will do so. But I can not find this new beta until now.

Hi,

a side note, as I windows user I'd appreciate that you align the beta releases (maybe even skip some numbers to align these).

Windows seems to be always a bit behind, which is a bit painful sometimes (see: missing features on windows betas in the past).

Thanks!

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

1 hour ago, TEcHNOpls said:

Hi,

a side note, as I windows user I'd appreciate that you align the beta releases (maybe even skip some numbers to align these).

Windows seems to be always a bit behind, which is a bit painful sometimes (see: missing features on windows betas in the past).

Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean here. Often the Windows version releases faster than the macOS versions, so features are seen sooner. If you're just referring to version numbers, I don't know why, but the macOS version of Photo uses a different numbering system than Windows and macOS Designer. The Photo applications use the same 3rd number to signify that the iPad and desktop versions are built with the same code.

With regards to missing features, these are just bugs, and that's why we do the betas...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.