You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD version 1.6.0.89 Unexpected 'Crash'...

Hello...  I just upgraded to the latest version of Affinity Designer and all seemed to work okay but now when I have a file open and move an object within the file the program just crashes - i.e., completely unloads - and I have to restart the program.  I've look on the boards here and am not seeing a similar issue listed hence this 'new' topic; hope that's okay...

I'm not sure how to recreate the problem to show you what I'm experiencing because, as noted, the 'crash' was unexpected - the program just completely shuts down and disappears from the screen...  Would this be a memory issue on my computer...?  A rendering issue...?  I am at a loss to figure this one out... :(

"...life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..." john lennon

You might post your system information and let the pros take a look when they get back to work. I am not experiencing that so there may be something else going on on your system

IF you feel like playing with it, clean out all temp files then close all programs except designer and see if it goes away. If not run MSCONFIG and boot with a minimal start up and see if the issue goes away. IF it does, make notes and start adding things back in one at a time until it crashes Designer again. If Designer crashes with a minimal boot then go back to normal and wait for them to be back on Monday and then you could even bypass the forum and call support 

Good luck with it

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

• Staff

Hey ScootCoot,

Sounds like it might be file specific. Either attach your file here or request a private Dropbox link and I'd be happy to take a look for you. I've seen a report of artboards crashing when moved—are you using artboards, or is it specifically just objects? 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.