Teejay2011

how to close designer

i dont know what i have done or how this has happened as far as i know i have not interrupted any download or install or opening of any files 

i work in AD then i go to file close  

the workspace is bare ...i then go to exit or click the X top right and i get this...

closure.PNG

it will not let me close 

i click ok then wait nothing ..i try to close and it pops back up... 

i have run the newest version again and done the repair ...this made no difference

so is there a way to stop this from popping up ..is there a way of finding out which file it is stuck on oppening ...what ...what...awwwwwwwwwwww what can i do....

i am having to go to  the task manager to shut designer down every time....help... T 

i have tried to uninstall  then used cc cleaner then reinstalled this morning

but that manky sign still comes up....  hellooooooooooo....   helllooooooo i am at my wits end here

please someone anyone ... have a heart .... help...

Did you try a factory reset on Designer?

• Hold Ctrl (keep it held down)
  • Launch Designer
  • You should get the Clear User Data dialogue
  • Reset everything!
  • See if that fixes the issue?!

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

ScreenToGIF (Open Source, Portable, ~610kB)

thankyou SO much for replying

i did as you said  i  held ctrl and launched Designer 

i selected everything

and that warning sign still pops upp and will not let me close or exit in any way

i am using the task manager to shut down every time....   thankyou  for thinking of it though. It was a good  suggestion.

If you just open designer without opening any files do you still get the message when you close designer?

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

Check in Preference that "Reopen document on startup" is not selected.

It may be trying to reopen a document that is corrupted.

Or it may be trying to open some recovery files

Or you may need additional help from the developers on this one as I am now out of ideas

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

awwwwwww i thought  that might be it ...but it isnt checked

thanks so much for giving your input..

i can still do everything else as normal in AD its just closing and its driving me nuts.

but thanks i appreciate your help.

I'm getting the same error message too. I still get the error message even if I haven't opened a file or created a new file and attempt to close the program. The only way I can close the program is to use the Task Manager. 

AMD A12-9700P Radeon R7

10 Compute Cores 4C + 6G

12 GB Ram,  AMD R7 Graphics

2 hours ago, BobsDaubs said:

I'm getting the same error message too. I still get the error message even if I haven't opened a file or created a new file and attempt to close the program. The only way I can close the program is to use the Task Manager. 

So, if you start the application, close the application, you get that message? Do you have the Reopen document on startup option set?

5 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

So, if you start the application, close the application, you get that message? Do you have the Reopen document on startup option set?

Yes, I start the application, close the application and I get that message. Reopen document on startup option is not selected in preferences. I am befuddled.

AMD A12-9700P Radeon R7

10 Compute Cores 4C + 6G

hi

have just downloaded and installed  i.6.1.93  and I STILL cannot shut down or close or click the X  I STILL am getting that  message

and have to close with the task manager.....   I thought it would right this but it is still the same.

I just realized it will not save my preferences either  for instance I prefer the smallest nodes and the lighter IU 

after closing with the task manager then  launching designer  my changes have been ignored and  are back to default

my document size goes back to default too  (before it would use the last settings )

this is really frustrating... 

Have you tried Running as Administrator to see if it performs in the same way?

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

ScreenToGIF (Open Source, Portable, ~610kB)

i am clicking the short cut to open

am now going to right click on the shortcut and open as administrator ...

I STILL get that manky message when right clicking on the destop shortcut icon and open as admin..... once loaded i try to close  and cannot because of the message.

I only know of opening the programs via the desktop shortcut...how else can i launch Designer 

i will try anything at this point... 

No .i do not get that message when i start. 

I can make a new doc and use all tools and all personas i can save my work.

It is only when i try to closer that i get that message.

I have installed the 1.6.1.93 version and am still getting the error message that at least one file is loading. I, also, am not getting a prompt to "Restore unsaved filles" when starting the program. I get the prompt to "Restore unsaved files" after a crash and I have had several crashes with the 1.6.0.89 version. It also dosn't seem to matter if I start the program from a shortcut on the desktop, or a shortcut on the task bar, or if started from the .exe file in the programs folder. After starting the program with any of these methods, the error message appears upon trying to close the program and I have to use task manager to get it to close.

AMD A12-9700P Radeon R7

10 Compute Cores 4C + 6G

hi  

i was hoping you would suggest something i could do to get this problem sorted out.

Do you have any suggestions ... is there something that can be done

would it make a difference to un install and then reinstall if so ..how do i uninstall cleanly. 

if nothing is to be done are you working on a fix  in the next download...in short what is happening please .

i cant tell you how frustrating this  problem is.

ok i am in no way pc savvy but i downloaded the  process monitor i ran it and launched Designer ..it takes around 40 to 60 seconds to show the start menu (this is normal for me)

i then closed it by clicking the top right X and got the message . i have saved  the Logfile.PML if you need any other information i will be pleased to provide it

and thankyou for replying.

my fingers are crossed.

LogfilePML.zip