You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why textures looks terrible

Hello.

I find this forum  to complicated  to use. Why there is not any direct support for macuser as have problem with Affinaty Photo. I se plenty treads abouth iPads.

I cant say any thing work as it suppose to do when I try your tutorials.

This time I complane about por/wrong resolution on the images/textures I got from internet to be used on my project Cracked Skin Effect tutorial.

I am following your tutorial exactly as I suppose to do. I put 2 images Face and cracked image. File-Open but my images dont look like yours. How can I solve that nasty problem.

Thanks.

Poor resolution.png

Get the images from here: http://affinityrevolution.com/cracked-skin/

Also note that the tutorial you are following is not an official Serif / Affinity tutorial, and as such there is no official support - however the forums here are full of experienced, generous, helpful people, so it is well worth taking the time to become familiar with how they work.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

As Aammppaa says, Affinity Revolution isn't part of this forum. However you can get in contact with him/them on facebook.

I know the forum can be a little confusing at first. To start a new thread/question go to the Question  part of the forum:

5a1045e93973e_Skjermbilde2017-11-18kl_15_31_51.thumb.png.21447a205e8cb77d7ece778dd99fa07d.png

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

I think you have misunderstood.  Those pictures are someone else's.
Most of us use our own pictures. 
Here are some resources from Affinity and members of the forum. You can also search internet for free pictures. 

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

24 minutes ago, iMacKalle said:

I Payd already £ 99 for Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer. I need to pay extra for the images ?????? as  I can get for free from somewhere els. No way I doing that. 

There is no need to pay extra for the example images. You can download them for free via the link that @Aammppaa posted earlier: http://affinityrevolution.com/cracked-skin/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Your screenshot shows each image as a single layer in a separate project. You need to copy the desert image, go to the other image and paste the copied image so that it is added as a new layer on top of the existing layer.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

And just for future reference, Affinity's official YouTube channel is just called "Affinity," and they have two separate channels, "Affinity Designer" and "Affinity Photo." Though, they do have plenty more of tutorial videos on the site, Vimeo, if you ever decide to take a look. Their Vimeo channel is called "Affinity."

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!