Sign in to follow this  
badjohn

Affinity won't reinstall

Due to another bug, see other posts by me, I attempted a delete and reinstall.  Unfortunately, this is failing.  So, I have gone from a defective product to nothing at all.  The installer fails saying that it cannot find the msi file in C:\Users\john\AppData\Local\Temp\AffinitySetup\648a993a-cc4c-11e7-9431-7c67a2ec0869\.  Indeed it is not there, it just created it.  I cannot figure out how to get past this. 

Well, it solved the inability to install and, for a moment, it seemed to solve the other bug (missing dialogs) but one restart later and the other bug is back.  

3 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Missing dialogs?

Yes, that's the one.  At least, now I know that I am not the only one to experience.  I am not sure whether I experienced it before a couple of days ago, rarely if I did, but it is pretty much all of the time now.  

Just now, badjohn said:

Yes, that's the one.  At least, now I know that I am not the only one to experience.  I am not sure whether I experienced it before a couple of days ago, rarely if I did, but it is pretty much all of the time now.  

Sorry, I guess that you were asking I meant.  I have another thread about that: Dialog for levels or white balance adjustment not appearing.

On 18/11/2017 at 7:07 PM, Mark Ingram said:

Missing dialogs?

Any ideas om the missing dialogs?  Apart from this comment of yours, I have heard nothing from the company, only other users.  

1 hour ago, badjohn said:

Any ideas om the missing dialogs?  Apart from this comment of yours, I have heard nothing from the company, only other users.  

Your original post was in the Questions forum, so I missed it (I tend to let the others handle the questions forum, while I handle the more technical side of things in the bugs forums).

Do you have multiple monitors? What screen resolution do you use?

24 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

Your original post was in the Questions forum, so I missed it (I tend to let the others handle the questions forum, while I handle the more technical side of things in the bugs forums).

Do you have multiple monitors? What screen resolution do you use?

Thanks.  Sorry, I am new and still finding my way around.  What's the best way to report an issue?

The laptop's built in monitor is 1920x1080 and I have an external monitor which is also 1920x1080.  One of the other users suggested starting Affinity with the Ctrl key held down which gives a clear dialog.  This worked the first time that I tried it but not again.  After the last two failures, I restarted without the external monitor which helped. Fortunately, it seems that I can reconnect it once Affinity is started.  

Thanks.  I have just noticed a new version of Affinity.  I was a little nervous about installing it after the pain that I describe above but I am pleased to say that it went smoothly.  Help / About now says that I am running 1.6.1.93.  A very quick test shows that the Levels dialogs are working but that is without  the external monitor.  A more thorough test will need to wait for this evening.  I have just seen the bugs forum.  If I experience the problem again, I will start a new thread there.