You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Feature request: reset point of origin of measurements

Hi,

When you drag guides into your document, sometimes you want to reset the origin of the measurements to align it with one guide, or with an intersection. In Photoshop, you do this by dragging from the small square that's at the origin of the rulers, but a similar feature is currently unavailable in Photo.

I suggest it should be implemented in the next update, as it is probably quite easy to do. Personally, I use it regularly, for example when I must produce a photo that meets certain size requirements and I want to ascertain what parts of the photo I can include in the required maximum size. I then use guides which I position where I want/need in the frame, and reset the point of origin to see what can be included or not.

Many thanks in advance!