You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color profile not included or not overwriten correctly

I have taken some raw pictures with my Nikon D5300 camera using adobeRGB format. When I import them to affinity photo (AP), first I do nothing to change the color profile and edit them as if they were sRGB, then I try and export them as jpegs using the embed ICC profile sRGB. But when i open this file in another program it says that it is a adobeRGB color profile, and I can see that the color does not match. Then I go back to AP and change the assign a adobeRGB profile to the picture and I get somthing that is similler to the export. I then choose to convert to the sRGB profile, and then do my andjustment, and export to jpeg using the embed ICC profile sRGB. However it still seems that the profiled red by the external program is adobeRGB, and the convertion has not made much difference. There is still a discrepancy between what i see in AP and what I see in the external photo viewer.

I do not know if I am doing somthing wrong or if there is a bug with export, in that the ICC profile from the raw file is still included?

13 hours ago, Rasmus0 said:

When I import them to affinity photo (AP), first I do nothing to change the color profile and edit them as if they were sRGB...

If you don't change the color profile then how exactly are you doing that?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7