You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer - Hue and Brightness controls for gradients

RPC

I did a search and didn't see this already requested, of course I could have still missed it due to bad wording.
It dose not seem to currently be possible to edit gradients as a whole instead you have to go section by section which is very time consuming, especially with complex gradients. You can use the FX overlay to a degree, however it is not usable if you are working with lots of nested objects.

I've thought of this also.  But what I found is that by attaching an adjustment layer to the gradient it's much more versatile than the gradient could ever be made.  Sometimes an HSL adjustment layer does what I want other times a curves or levels does it better.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

18 hours ago, Gear maker said:

I've thought of this also.  But what I found is that by attaching an adjustment layer to the gradient it's much more versatile than the gradient could ever be made.  Sometimes an HSL adjustment layer does what I want other times a curves or levels does it better.

I hadn't noticed the adjustment layer system before. I will be using it for many things now. :D

However it still dose not solve the major issue of not effecting nested sub-objects. it dose not seem to be possible to make an adjustment layer that only effects the parent object. The Adjustment layer is fixed at the top of the object tree and therefore effects everything below it. If it was possible to move the adjustment level around in the sub-object tree it would be quite power.

I stand corrected after messing around more it seems you can move the adjustment layers around sub-objects. Not sure why it wasn't let me move them around when I first tried. 

Though when you use adjustment layers it doesn't effect the border of the parent object so there is still no way to edit gradient colors in this way for borders. There is also the rather big issue of not being able to copy/past or otherwise save and reuse the style.